Sign in to follow this  
vytype

so i have a tentative contract in the making

my fiance' has a friend that started a restaraunt.short story is she designed his logos and we etched a few beer mugs for him.now he wants us to tint the large windows on his restaraunt front.create a big logo decal for the front and some smaller ones for smaller windows.hours of operations decal for the door and also etch beer glasses for sale at the bar.

first up is copyright.we dont know what we dont know.

next ,where do i get window tinting and how is it applied?

next pricing of the decals ,design work,and the pricing of the glass etching.

i wanna make a real effort with this and make this happen.he is a friend and he is doing well and can pay the bill.but we dont know how to price it.since he is a friend i feel the deal is done i just need to know how to make it happen.

Hate to say it but business is business.  If your friend was your first customer, and you wanted to use this as a reference point for future sales to other clients, then I'd cut a deal.  Otherwise, I believe you should be fairly paid for your efforts.

thanx for the reply dion .any information that will help me with the questions i posted?

Sizes?,,, colors?.....if you have the logo post it that would be easiest and the sizes ....glasses what kind? Beer Mugs.? Collins? Shots?

Heavy duty Storefront tint is very easy to apply.....

;D Down

first up is copyright.we dont know what we dont know.

next ,where do i get window tinting and how is it applied?

next pricing of the decals ,design work,and the pricing of the glass etching.

Firstly, congrats on the oppurtunity to get this gig.  ;D

Copyright isn't an issue, if you are doing the work for the copyright holder(I'm pretty sure that's how that works).

For the window tint, I would just call around to some local tint shops and ask where they get their supplies from, and they wouldn't mind passing on that information(doing this in person may be your best bet). As far as applying the tint, it's pretty simple and straight forward.

1. roll off a piece of tint.

2. clean the work area, then apply copious amounts of soapy water.

3. pull off the tint backing

4. lay tint on window and squeegee your little tail off.

5. trim edges as needed

6. use a heat gun/hair dryer if needed for trouble spots.

Several ways to price the job. A good base start is $10 per sq. ft. or on the smaller stuff(like the mugs) you could go with the standard $45 per hour(labor) plus material cost(retail pricing).

This could be a HUGE job if it's priced correctly!

thanx again for all the help.

as for colors and text size and such all that will be ironed out in the meeting tomarrow.

we designed the logo.how do we lay claim of ownership?

and as for window tinting,thanx for the info.i didnt think it would be much harder than decals to apply

also there will be a sandblasted mirror etching in the deal.

and lastly,the glasses will be supplied by the owner. i'd like to give a base price per case.of course i need to make it so he can turn a profit per glass sold as well as make some for us.

we are just starting out in this trade i dont have a clue how to price things yet.are there any courses ,on line or not that could help me with this side of the business?

or can i get some one on one schooling from someone here who knows the ins and outs?

the law says as soon as you create it,you automatically own the rights. All you have to do is register it.

Cheaper way is to send it to yourself via registered mail,and don't open the envelope. This proves that you did in fact,create it on a certain day.

thanx banner john.thats what i needed ;D ;D

i was checking on window tinting.the guy says he has a priced quote from a window tinter in town and if i can match it or beet i got it .the decals and etchings are ours as well.

he says he has a sample of what they will use and will let me take it so i can research it.

hey beardown! do you have a source for the heavy duty storefront tint?