jenn

cutting problems

i was just trying to cut out a sign using a script font and when i looked closely at it, the cutter cut right through the the letters that overlap each other...so when i tried to apply it, it looked that there was a rip in the vinyl.  Does anyone know what "weeding" selection to choose so that the cutter doesn't cut through all the letters in a script font? thanks

turn off weeding totally. 'weld' before you cut script that overlaps.

thanks for that info...but i have a dumb question.  what does that mean and how do you do it??  sorry..still new to all of this..

I dont know how to do it in SB as I dont have it.

Anyways, welding is when you join or weld overlapping objects and make them one thing, one element.

Check the image below

weldmd8.jpg

The top image is not welded, see how letters overlap? The blade will follow every line in the design, so it will cut that area too.

The bottom image is welded, so all letters became one thing, one element, there are not overlapping parts.

Joe

In signblazer...select the text...go to ARRANGE...then WELD  then TOTAL WELD.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK...........john and joe..you are amazing!!

me again  - sorry..i was just trying to cut something out, i took off the weeding and did what you said, about the weld...when i look at the screen it shows my entire work, yet when i cut it (and view it in the cut screen) only half of it is there...it shows one tile and below it is my original size...does that make sense?

Check the size of the artwork in SB. Maybe it is because you are trying to cut a decal bigger than the material itself. How big do you want the decal to be? Check in SB and see how big it is in the software.

I'm having the same problem.I tried welding but it don't seem to work. My other ? in order to cut i combine thats the only way it will cut everthing. Is that the correct way?