Sign in to follow this  
tke4147

Wall art advice

Hi everyone,

I am becoming addicted to this forum. You guys definitely have beautiful work and great advice. I am just purchasing a PCUT 630.  I would like to go ahead and get the vinyl. I have read that I need the oracle 631 when doing the wall art but what type of application tape do I need to purchase?  I greatly appreciate any help anyone offers.

Thanks so much,

Theresa    :angel:

Guest fivestar

Theresa, I use PerfecTear myself, but that's because that's what I use for sign vinyl.  I've done a few for customer and they haven't had any problems getting it onto the wall and off the vinyl.  Some people on here seem to have a problem with transfer tape not wanting to stick to the vinyl when pulling it off the backing, but like I said I haven't myself.

I would order some R-tape from http://www.uscutterdirect.com/Application-Tape_c_19.html ( US Cutter's site).  I would get paper tape not the clear tape as I don't really care for the clear tape myself except for multicolor small decals then I use it.

As Five said... go with paper app tape versus clear tape. Low to medium tacky-ness.

Hey Five, thanks for info about PerfecTear for wall art.  I use it for signs, but didn't know it would be great for wall art too!!  ;)

I think Five, just don't get enough 'kudos' for his great words of wisdom.  I mean that FM, he makes a 'save' every so often, but still!  John & Ken, another great team, but they get quite busy.

Thanks again Five.

Hey Five, thanks for info about PerfecTear for wall art.  I use it for signs, but didn't know it would be great for wall art too!!  ;D

I think Five, just don't get enough 'kudos' for his great words of wisdom.  I mean that FM, he makes a 'save' every so often, but still!  John & Ken, another great team, but they get quite busy.

Thanks again Five.

Jenny... I couldn't agree with you more!  ;D

Guest TracMatt

For wall art I use oracal 631 it is repositionable and inexpensive, plus it is matte finish so it looks like paint.  I did my daughter's room and it came out wonderful.

Tracee

Guest fivestar

Thanks for the kind words Jenny, I try to help whenever I can.  As does so many others on here.