Sign in to follow this  
stormy

Who wants to move to Illinois!?

haha. we moved recently and our house is for sale. i made a myspace for it at www.myspace.com/1258_500th_st if anyone wants to check it out. theres also a pic of a pretty simple banner i made for it on there. feel free to comment or make suggestions on how to market it without a realtor. (im trying to sell it on my own right now because my contract just went out with our realtor and she sucked terribly).

Our realtor isn't doing the best job either!! Unfortunately we sortof have to stay until it sells.  We are going to give it a full 12 months, if it doesn't sell, than we will make a new plan!  ;D

Hope you have success in selling your house, I'm sure it will sell much better than in MI.

:thumbsup:

Jenny

Guest gracewriter

for about a buck apeice you can make your own coroplast yard signs and stick them on the side of the roads.  Down here we usually get one full day, sometimes two days before the city picks them up and throws them out.  I know about what time they come so I could actually go and pick them up and put them out the next day. 

Advertise on Craig's list.  In lots of cities.  You have to change the ad a little on each so it doesn't get red flagged.

Did you already take a video of the house.  A virtual tour?  If not do that and get a free website and put it on there.  Tell then about all the great stuff about the house and the community.

Make sure you are listed with all the sites Buy from owner.  I was trying to relocate at one time and looked for houses on line.

You might also contact some large corporations around your area who tend to import employees and let them know you have a house for sale and will give their employee some sort of discount.

There may actually even be forums on the net for people trying to sell their house on their own and might give you tips.

Our neighbor had their house on the market for 18 months and eventually came down $100,000.  That's when it sold.  Just six months before they put it on the market it was easily selling for the original price they were asking.  Hurricane Wilma killed our real estate market.  You can't be "greedy" in a buyer's market.

Worse case, find a tenant who will pay that mortgage for you and turn it into an investment property.  I'd probably do that before I lost my house entirely.

I hope any of this has help, both you and Jenny and wish both of you the best of luck selling your houses.

Grace

Thanks for the tips grace. I did do somewhat of a virtual tour by making a 4 minute picture slideshow on the myspace. I'm gonna try putting it on some more websites. I really have very little money into my advertising. Banner, flyers, newspaper ad. Less than $40 total.

i already live here i love our 2 seasons of weather winter and july!!

Well lately i've felt like i live in a rainforest. so much rain, so humid.........

I only moved about 30 mins away.