Sign in to follow this  
dkhochhalter

Copyright Issues

What are the rules concerning fonts and their wingdings for reproduction and resale? If the font is dowloaded for free from dafont.com, I can use it to sell my vinyl lettering for walls without issue right? Same with wingdings?

I've tried looking up the rules on dafont.com and didn't have luck. Hoping someone here will help.

Thanks.-Katie

Guest fivestar

Yes if they are on dafont then they should be freeware.

copyright is only claiming and selling a design as your own i think (dont quote me) i have used dafont to do many graphics projects and had no trouble ever, i think your ok as long as your not claiming the font as your own.

maybe i should be quiet and let someone who actually knows reply, lol

Okay, great. I just found out that although I paid for vector images on stockphoto.com, they cannot be used for resale, so I just wanted to check my other sources for graphic clip art as well. Is there a place to get free vector images or clipart intended for resale?

I use the fonts all the time as they are usually converted from clip art files you can buy...

the signage company I worked for used em all the time

I know you can use images (not free, though) from here http://www.vectorart.com/ and use them for resale.  Now if you are going to sell thousands of them, I believe you need to contact them first.  Just make sure to check into it.

I have used images from Vector Art and contacted them before and they gave me NO problems.

Jenny

Fonts in dafont.com are free, BUT all of them have licenses. Wehn you are seraching for a font, in the list you will see they have notes right beside each font. Some says Free for Personal Use, Free for Personal and Commercial Use and stuff like that.

So if you download a font that says Free for Personal Use and use it for commercial Purposes, then there is a chance somebody (font author) can tell you something, BUTR what are the odds?

Joe