Sign in to follow this  
stealth

well im happy for now

as most of you know, my cutter totally stopped a month or so ago for no reason, i messed about for 2 weeks and still nothing. I thought i'd get it out again today a give it one last chance before i threw it out a window ( well its to heavy but you get the picture) and it started working again as if there was never a problem. I cant understand it at all, now im just waiting for it to pack up again but for now.......im happily working away catching up on my work :o

Stealth, glad to hear it is working now.  That is so strange though!! Gotta love electronics....it just keeps us guessing and raising blood pressure!!

Sure hope it continues to work without any more problems.

Jenny

me too, but only time will tell, but a big thanks to all who tried to help me find the fault when it was'nt working.

your all stars

Guest gracewriter

Congrats!!

This sort of thing happens to me all the time with electronics and even other weird stuff.  For instance, I stopped playing the piano (blues) for 10 years because I thought I wasn't good enough.  Then one day I thought I'd give it a go again and I couldn't believe how much better my "ear" was and how much better a player I was after not playing at all for those 10 years.

I realize this has nothing to do with a cutter, but I have had electronics do weird stuff like this too. (especially lately!!)  Maybe they just need a break from us.  Like somehow they feel our frustration and say, "To heck with you, I'm headed south until you get your attitude adjusted."

Or maybe, they just needed pluged in or rebooted one last time to get up and running.

Thanks for getting back to us with the update.  Glad to hear things are going well.

Not for nothing, but we really do care about each other in here.  In fact, one of the members spent over two hours with me today getting my computer back to normal.  And another member an hour the other day.

These people just NEVER give up.  They'll jump through hoops trying to help you and want nothing in return other than the satisfaction of helping someone.

Personally I only gave up on one person who I KNEW could not be helped because I had encountered the exact same problem and after 100 posts from these gracious members trying to help me with that exact same problem, we finally realized the problem wasn't with me but my machine.

Thanks again for getting back to us, and congrats!!

real nice words there grace and i totally agree, ive been stuck before with many different things and this place has been my sanity and Saviour, lol

i have been a member on other *cough* forums for sign makers etc and they dont even reply to your posts even if its just 'sorry i have no idea' but this place rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Guest gracewriter

[quote author=stealth

lol i was a bit wary about joining at first as im from england but saying that, ive been welcomed even tho im thousands of miles away :huh:

Oh Grace, you are NO problem to put up with!!!  Don't be so hard on yourself.  I'm glad to hear a couple members could be SO helpful.

There are definitely some very special members here, that I'll never be able to thank enough.

Sometimes I wonder if the humidity makes them act up?

Stealth, that's the great thing about this forum, it doesn't matter where you live, what you do....everyone here is the best, I don't know how we all became so lucky to get a great group of people, especially when so many other places on the net are either rude or just ignore ya all together.

Jenny