haumana

best way to clean a couch?

So I have this ghetto fabulous couch that I refuse to move into the (not so) new house before it's properly cleaned. What would be the best way to clean a velour couch? (and why isn't the word velour in my spell check dictionary?)

No really hard stains in it, just a lot of daily dirt, dust and doggie dander - but it doesn't stink or anything like that. It's just getting the brown tint to it from not be cleaned since getting it (sigh).

I swear that I don't live like a pig - the boyfriend used to ... actually still does at times fish.gif, but I'm trying to circumvent that bad habit by trying to be proactive. After all, it would be wrong of me to try and change his ways now, wouldn't it teehee.gif

Do I spray and dab? Do I rent some kind of steam/hot water cleaning machine? Do I just throw a cover on it and pretend like it's not that dirty underneath?

Ideally a new couch would be great, but it's not in the budget right now.

Try woolite upholstery and fabric cleaner. But test a small hidden area first to make sure it doesnt harm it at all.  I dont think it is recommended to to use a steam vac on valour

my sister bought a velour sofa from a yard sale and she used a little green machine from bissell. u wouldn't believe it when she finished it looked brand new. that little machine did a real nice professional looking job, it really had good suction and everything.

Don't have -ex on the couch. People will know what the tracks are from.  :o

and you're speaking from experience, right?? Just how many tracks have you put on furniture??

Dang, now a moderator is going to move this innocent thread to the mature section (sigh).

Don't have -ex on the couch. People will know what the tracks are from.  :o

slop u know that's the best kind of sex. haha that's why u posted uh? took u back to late one night didn't it? :o

If I remember right I think John said he did furniture at one time. He might have a magic mix.

well,for once I DO have the answer...35 years in the business.

The secret to cleaning fabric (expecially velvet or velour) is FOAM! NOT WATER.

Any foam cleaner would do....as long as you don't saturate the material. With velour you want to be sure and go WITH the nap of the fabric when brushing.

WE always used a product called 'Jensen's Foam' but I don't think they make it anymore. You might get lucky at some old country store somewhere and find some.

Or,rent a steam cleaner at Kroger.

slop u know that's the best kind of sex. haha that's why u posted uh? took u back to late one night didn't it? ;)

Didn't have to be at night and you ought to see my carpet.  :o :o :o;D:o :o :o :o :o;D

slop u know that's the best kind of sex. haha that's why u posted uh? took u back to late one night didn't it? ;D

Didn't have to be at night and you ought to see my carpet.  :o;D:o :o :o :o :o;D ;D ;D

:o :o ;)

fine for the ladies....carpet burns on the knees and the top of the toes are very painful. Think about that.

Guest gracewriter

fine for the ladies....carpet burns on the knees and the top of the toes are very painful. Think about that.

Can't help but picture it.  I'm very visual. :o

ooooh those carpet burns.... :o