Sign in to follow this  
Jason_DFW

LP Screen went blank

I have a 24" LP.  Unfortunately in the middle of cutting a sign last night, the display screen went blank and the cutting stopped but the fan still runs.  I tried unplugging and restarting it to no avail; the screen remained blank.  When i was taking the vinyl out of the cutter the thing suddenly came on again, although with a really short self test.  I tried printing again and it produced a waiting error after one graphic.  Upon restart I got a blank screen.  I have only had it for a few months, maybe have ran about 60 yards through it.  I previously had the line of death and waiting error.  Since moving to the serial cable I havent had any trouble at all. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated, I have several signs to make.  I am comfotable replacing the motherboard but dont want to start taking it apart without being told to!

Thanks,

Jason Fleming

make sure that the carriage isn't pressing down on one of the kill switches (the red buttons on the left and right side of the cutter). If it is pressing down on one of them - power off the cutter, and manually (gently) move the carriage away from the switch.

I think that was the issue,  I was printing to the edges of 24" and it kept hitting the kill button.  I guess i have to take care not to put cuts that low on the vinyl.  Sitting here printing out a sign without a problem.

Thanks for the assistance!

glad to be of assistance. you'll find this forum to be really, really helpful ... then really, really addicting.

Happy cutting!