Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

check in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys i today i received a packed cardboard envelope with a check inside for 3,300 dollars it was made out to my wife, the company that sent it to her is (GASCO PRODUCTION COMPANY) the check looks legit and it is signed with a ink pen. the problem is this, we never heard of the company and never did any business with them. we dont know how they got our adress, the pacage was an express envelope and had a shipping lable attached to it, that say next day air! the check has a us bank name and the shipping lable has a return address! ;D what do you guys think about this? does this sound like a scam. has any one herd of this company or know of it! the only thing im thinking of is how much vinyl i can buy! :) any feed back is welcome! thanks

Read the small print if any. Take the check to your bank and ask if it is authentic, if it's not and bounces that will cost you around $35.00.

On a part of the check, wet your finger and test the ink, if it smears  there is no doubt that it was run off on a ink jet printer.

The old saying is: "If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably isn't.

If your real zealous, turn it over to the police department.

A nickel to a donut says it comes from Africa. They just lay around all day and dream up ways to cheat people.

Last but not least "BEWARE."

Guest kenya

I got something similiar about a month ago.

It had (in very fine print), when signed & cashed this will insure

my purchase of a new condo. Mine was for $3,500 ,then several

days later another package arrived with the info about the condo.

Purchase price....... $560,000 in Costa Rica with a photo of a SHACK.

"BEWARE". Free money is always to good to be true.

I wouldn't even throw it in the trash..... I burned it, so no one would

cash it & hold me liable. 

Maybe I'm alittle paranoid-lol. ;D

I am sure its not legit. I am wondering how would the scammers make money off of you cashing their check?  I mean, how do they get their cut?

I get TONS of crank emails each day from Africa wanting me to print up 10-50 thousand brochures...  Its really creepy.

It's a SCAM!!!!! this is going on all over the place. People don't send you checks for no reason. Go straight to your local police department and report it.

1st check if it is legit.

2nd If it is, then send it to me, I will take the chance to change it for you.

Joe

lol the is some freeky stuff! how in the heck did they get my address and my wifes name! i talked to my bank and gave them the address that was on the check and the lady did a little research on the address but the city and zip code was legit but the address was not found,darn i thought i was gonna get to up grade on a vinyl cutter!  ;D

ok guys, here is some freaky stuff! i was doing some research on the company name on google, and came across a web site from the company, and was reading it and on there was the same bank the check had on it, also ther was some numbers on the check and those same numbers were on the company web site!what do you guys think about that? ;D

Guest fivestar

Throw 'er in the shredder and forget about 'er.  BTW, just upgrade your cutter and have 2 of them and make twice as much $$$$ then you'll have that $3,300.00 in no time.... ;D:);D

WELL WELL WELL  I SEE THEY ARE UP TO IT AGAIN BUT WITH A DIFFERENT NAME NOW  IT IS A 419 SCAM FROM NIEGERIA  YES IT MIGHT BE A NAME OF A BANK IN THE UNITED STAES BUT NOPE I DONT THINK SO ask your self these questions

1 do i do business with these people ever

2 how do they know me

3 would any body send me a check for no reason

4 why me

5 how did they get my info

6 THE BEST ANSWER IS THIS PUT IT IN THE SHREDDER BEST ANSWER

NOW UR NOT A VICTUM OF IDENTITY THIEFT AND YOU STILL HAVE YOUR MONEY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

ALSO CHECK WITH THE WEB SITE WWW.RIPOFF.COM AND TYPE IN 419 SCAM

419 IS THE AREA CODE OF NIGERIA

ALSO YOU MIGHT BE CONTACTED TO HAVE SOME THIGN SHIPPED TO YOU AND FOR YOU TO SHIP IT TO THEM IN AFRICA OR SOME GOD KNOWS WHERE GUESS WHOS COMEING TO SEE YOU THE SECRET SERVICE THE US POSTAL INSPECTOR THE F.B.I MAIL FRAUD  CREDIT CARD FRAUD HOW CREDIT CARD FRAUD WELL IT WAS SHIPPED TO YOUR DOOR STEP SO YOUR THE PRIME SUSPECT . IN america it was supposed to be your innocent until proven guilty  yea right who  told that lie  your guilty until proven innocent oh wait if the glove dont fit you must adquit yea if you got tons of money and if you do im up for adoption

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WHAt  EVER YOU PEOPLE DO  DO NOT EVER EVER EVER CASH A CHECK THAT YOU DONT KNOW THE PERSON  OR DONE BUSINESS WITH AND IF YOU DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CHECK THEM OUT PLEASE IT WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF HEAD ACHES AND ALSO ME  BUT I ENJOY THAT 75 BUCKS AN HOUR AND 55 CENT A MILE BUT PLEASE FOLKS USE COMMON SENCE  DO NOT CASH A CHECK  OR HAVE SOME THING SHIPPED TO YOU  IF YOU DONT KNOW THE PERSON OR BUSINESS PLEASE I CANT HANDLE  WHAT I GOT NOW

by the way i did the in smear test on the check and it smeared, does this mean its fake!

[/quote

It means it was done on a ink jet printer. I forgot to add that in.

This bogus check was on tonights news and once you cash it, the people have your account number and have ways of draining it. BEWARE!!

You can also get small, harmless looking checks for $10. or so and the fine print reads: once you sign it, it gets you into some discount members jazz that will take out so much money every month from your account.