Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Not getting clean cuts now.

I uncovered the carriage and I dont see anything unusual. Everything seems to be in place and all the screws feel tight. Nothing feel to be loosen.

I have a replacement carriage but I saw I have to weld the gray cable to the green board and I dont know how to do that.

See it for yourselves:

dsc04973ck1.jpg

dsc04975ke6.jpg

dsc04976tq3.jpg

dsc04978fy7.jpg

Everything looks OK to me, and if all the screws are tight, maybe make sure you do not have any play in the feed rollers as well. You should have received an Alan wrench with your cutter, so make sure the feed rollers are tight, and maybe the feed roller sprocket under the left side casing.

I havent connected my cutter, but I was suggested by a sfriend of mine that makes signs that it could be the blade. It might be it, because even though I have used it less than a month I had to increase the force to get it to cut the vinyl. I was cutting @ 50 when I put this new blade and Im now @ 70 pressure, which is kinda strange for a new blade. It might be a bad blade or something.

I will let you know.

Joe

I havent connected my cutter, but I was suggested by a sfriend of mine that makes signs that it could be the blade. It might be it, because even though I have used it less than a month I had to increase the force to get it to cut the vinyl. I was cutting @ 50 when I put this new blade and Im now @ 70 pressure, which is kinda strange for a new blade. It might be a bad blade or something.

I will let you know.

Joe

Any word?

Guest Terry

Check FULL LENGTH of the back side of belt in front to be sure the teeth are ok in ALL spots.

Guest Terry

Mine did this before my red reset button pooped out, the cuts got worse and worse until it finally started making grinding noises. So I took the four screws out of the right hand side cover, removed rest button from cover, cut the two wires from the reset button then then I plugged it in to mother board and twisted the two wires together, NO MORE RESET BUTTON ON MINE, just a hole where it use to be. It runs SOOOOOOO smooth and ACCURATE CUTS. I got a new button but I'm not going to install it.

Check FULL LENGTH of the back side of belt in front to be sure the teeth are ok in ALL spots.

MMMM more detail on this please. Im not sure I got ya.

JOe

Guest Terry

The long black belt in front that you see when looking at the cutter has drive teeth on it, if ANY spots have worn teeth or notches it could skip when cutting.

I have a Masters 980 which is almost like a refine. I am having the same problem when I cut a small image. I changed from a 45 blade to a 60 seem to make it worst. I am going back to new 45 blade.

Dawg

i have the same problemo in my roland

cuts wont closed

any info about it

J DID U SOLVED IT?

p.s

im glade to anawons that my MH 1351

IS ON HIS WAY

LET US PRY IT WILL ARRIVE IN PEACE 

Im getting my carriage replaced this week. I will let you know for sure. i hope thyat solves the problem as it is the only thing I havent tried.

JC

My carriage was replaced this weekend and Im sad to inform that the problem was not solved  :- I keep getting the same problem when making a test cut.

I think I tried everything

My carriage was replaced this weekend and Im sad to inform that the problem was not solved  :- I keep getting the same problem when making a test cut.

I think I tried everything

No Ken, I havent. Could that be it? How can the holder get damaged if it is just sitting there? I remember somebody had a problem with the holder, never thought of that as a possibility for my problem. I might buy one and see if it works. I mean, I dont want to buy a new cutter if a holder can solve it.

Oh, I didnt check the belt as suggested by Terry. I will check that too.

Thank you Ken.

Joe

Ken, what should I look for in the blade holder that will tell me it is damaged?

Joe

the blade should spin feely but have NO WOBBLE or side-to-side play in it. You can test this byremoving the holder,placing the blade on some paper or something so that it gets a  bite into it,and see if the holder will wobble or move side to side.

in my plotter its the start/end points.

even when i make the viyil striagth even in small letters  & the grafhic look perfect

pretty enoing :thumbsup:

John, I checked the holder as you said. It looks good to me, I see no play. I also adjusted the pinches pressure to make sure vinyl stays straigh and also tried different blades. I think I lost this battle. :thumbsup:

Tykite, John, Fivestar, could you post a pic of a test cut of your refine?

Thank you

Joe