Sign in to follow this  
johhnny1

9 pin com port

I have a us cutter MH 871 MK2 . One of the pins in the usb jack on the cutter is broke. Can i use the 9 pin com port instead of the usb jack . I can get a 9 pin to usb cable will that work

A Tripplite Keyspan Adapter with a null modem serial cable is the way too go. Tripplite is the brand name.   Most other usb to serial cables, have the same  cheap Chinese Chipset as the vinyl cutter and do not work well with a vinyl cutter. You can read the forum. Tripplite is always advised.    Find the best price.   The null modem cable screws into your vinyl cutter, then to the Tripplite. The USB goes into your USB port on your computer.  https://www.amazon.com/TRIPP-Keyspan-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-C/dp/B07GXBVDNM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2GHGBAWOBDH6I&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.aEhnvt6bG4Cehkpcv_KGPqJAqvcG44rW2HnQPPKPU4zWCobPDVIHi1iaSfIhDxjV_2Km4n20dMYYch4nETafxu8EMQtbDDVnjjU2hdc_VtWni7NKbwlIjWwitiovJY216XOBTxSAlWGCKLm_kdJSEqWurR2JWGt-gFJEAMQSEf7dJ5IDde_rzhWTDuoSKRr4f6i9hlBqUqdMq8BaHub-PCIoCsdOeiJi0pzaV4KPlgQ.TXi8tgNblfM_rkLf4EXvbXjdZf7GD8YOM183njEBFRE&dib_tag=se&keywords=tripp+lite+keyspan+usb+to+serial&qid=1714279338&sprefix=tripp+lite+keyspan%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-2   Make sure you get the correct USB plug port end for your computer.