Sign in to follow this  
bk2design

Type of grass

I'm not sure what kind of grass that is, but I think I'm safe to say, 'It's the legal kind'  :lol:

You just KNEW you'd get a smarta$$ answer, didn't ya??

Jenny

^^ haha when i read the question i was thinkin thai stick...

i would guess some type of crabgrass or goosegrass maybe

It's not crabgrass... crabgrass is a weed, and will smother out st augustine and other grass. It's also thin and usually only gets a couple of inches long.

I would say that's st augustine, with a root that's just trying to spread. I get those in my yard every once in a while when I use too much Scotts Bonus S.

I definately knew I would get some smart ass answers... LOL...  I was thinking it was st. augustine but I wasn't sure. it's the best looking part of our yard right now since we haven't had any rain in so long. I'm thinking about spreading it so it covers the yard since it looks so good and stands up to the foot traffic and all

Loo[flash=200,200] ks like St Augustine to me with that runner. A good neat, pretty grass. I hope you do well with it.

If you take plugs about four inches square and dig deep enough about 3", you can transport them to other parts of your yard.

They will need plenty of water but as soon as they take hold, they are off and running. It's also a good idea to spray your yard with weed killer if you have them. This grass will grow faster by eliminating any competition.