Sign in to follow this  
catarina1218

newbie needs HELP!!

i am so brand new to alll of this and have not used a cutter before. I feel really stupid posting this but i just purchased a 36" laserpoint contour cutter and there is no operators manual or anything. I am not really sure on how I need to get things up and running. I thought more info would come with my cutter.

Has anyone else had this problem? What to do?

wasn't there any software disk? once the software is installed, there is a great help file.

bb

i am so brand new to alll of this and have not used a cutter before. I feel really stupid posting this but i just purchased a 36" laserpoint contour cutter and there is no operators manual or anything. I am not really sure on how I need to get things up and running. I thought more info would come with my cutter.

Has anyone else had this problem? What to do?

I wouldnt say I am having the exact same problem but I think this machine is pretty hard to use if you dont have a better than average knowledge of how to use a computer.  Your best bet is to just read the manual and keep playing with it.  Also if you know anyone in the area that could come show you how to use.

Instead of starting a new thread can anyone tell me how to reset my machine or cancel and messed up cut job.  I finailly got my computer and cutter to communicate and it started to cut and I had the vinyl fed in wrong and the blade hit the silver metal piece and now its just stuck on the far left side of the machine and LCD is just black.  How can I reset it or what can I do thanks!!

turn it off,manually move the carriage away from the kill switch.

turn it off,manually move the carriage away from the kill switch.

Wow it was that simple, thanks!!!!  My only other question then is where is signblazer do I go to cancel jobs that were errors?  Because now when I try and cut something signblazer just freezes I think it might be because its still trying to finish the previous job.

not sure..I"ve never had to do that. I just push the reset button on the cutter. UNplugging the cutter should clear the memory if reset doesn't work.

not sure..I"ve never had to do that. I just push the reset button on the cutter. UNplugging the cutter should clear the memory if reset doesn't work.

Yea I dont know whats going on, I typed in some lettering and the only thing it cut was the first letter then stopped and went over to the kill switch.  Now I keep trying to cut stuff and it will draw one line and then just hit the kill switch and say waiting on the LCD.

Actually I think I might have an idea, when it is cutting the lettering I am trying to cut it trys to go to the far left to continue cutting and runs into the kill switch.  I must have my measurements wrong for the vinyl size.  Hmm I am going to have to figure that out.

it sounds exactly like the measurements are wrong. It is trying to cut outside of the parameters of te machine.

it sounds exactly like the measurements are wrong. It is trying to cut outside of the parameters of te machine.

Yea thats exactly what its doing, sorry I am so new at this so I have not set them up.  I just have a sample roll of 24" wide vinyl that I got from US Cutter.  How do I change that.

Nevermind I got it.  I did not realize that all you had to do was move the position of the blade to the far right to keep it from going out of the paramaters.  I did my first cut and I am already addicted!!!  All I need to do now is figure how to use the transfer tape and start putting some lettering in the front window of my store.

don't forget also that there is a mountain of info archived on this forum, tutorials and such.

bb