Sign in to follow this  
swaneejuggalo

Jut what we didn't need

more rain the already flooded midwest getting too much lets cross are fingers and hope it stops!!!

Hopefully im far enough from the river that it doesn't get thiis high its crazy out there...

were not even supposed to leave the house to many streets are flooded out

no kidding bro. I just drove home and on the way they is this little stream that i would say is a good 10ft down from the road and it was up to the road and bashing at the rail crossing.  These storms have been killer.  I have roof damage and my Ins guy wont even come out yet because we keep having them

Guest kenya

Our rain is much needed, but the midwest it getting hit hard.

Hope you guys don't sustain alot of damage. I caught the clip on the

news that showed the house breaking in half. What a terrible thing !!

I hate the thought of all the insurance claims that people have to wait

days to get any help. They sure want their money fast, but the payoff

from damage comes too slow.

We've been getting hit on and off for the past week.  Strong storms, wind and hail.  We were under a tornado watch most of the night till about 3am.

I know it's nothing compared to the midwest.

The USA needs to build better houses. Stronger.

When I visited Mexico I noticed that most of their houses were built out of concrete/cinder blocks and if they needed more room they would just add more rooms going up.

In a city of over a million, they had just one fire department. In Houston, there is a apartment fire EVERYDAY. It's going to be news if a day goes by without one.

A few years back, I built a underground home (3,600 sq. ft.) out in the country which is fireproof, insect proof, maintenance free AND tornado proof.

It will be there for 40,000 years or more.

man it was a nasty storm.  I woke up this morning to see what all was done and ive got more roof damage, back screen door ripped off front screen door broke in 2 tree on the garage but it doesnt look that bad and oh yeah about a foot of water in the basement

WOW Fatdad, sorry to hear about all the damage, but glad to hear you and your family are ok.

Jenny

we've been getting some brief but bad storms here too. I like a good storm except my dog wants to sit on my head when it thunders. Its as if he can't get close enough to me, and he shakes like a leaf.

Not a thing we can do about the weather,except try to be prepared. It's gonna get worse.

i think i should be fine but i have friends that live about 3 blocks away and the the river is up to their front and back yard. 

Not so good here either.......our house is fine other than our backyard looks like a lake.  But we tried to go take some hoses/extension cords to a friend of ours that wasn't so lucky and his house was flooding last night and we couldn't get there....every road out of our neighborhood was closed/flooded. :lol:

where are you guys? I heard that the Idaho river ( I think it was) was supposed to crest last night,so if you are ok now,it shouldn't get any worse.

im on the mississippi in the quad cities.  heres some pics of a couple blocks over.

IMG_0398.jpg

width=800 height=600http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/Withashovel/IMG_0395.jpg[/img]

width=800 height=600http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/Withashovel/IMG_0399.jpg[/img]

and heres a pic of the basement

width=449 height=600http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/Withashovel/IMG_0401-1.jpg[/img]

Guest fivestar

WOW I feel for you guys, I went through it with the flood of '98 here.  We had water in some places over 50 feet deep.  That was in the state highways.  My basement got flooded up past my knees and I was complaining until I seen/heard about others then I felt pretty lucky.

at some point last night the drain in the basement stopped draining and started backing up  so i have some cleanup to do today but it isn't near as bad as the picture you've shown fat dad thats going on down the block from here closer to the river so i really can't complain about my problems seems quite insignificant in comparison 

heres a couple of lightning  pics i took

DSC01944.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01932-1.jpg

This storm had the most lightning i think ive ever seen in my life it was very cool