Sign in to follow this  
jiucai

Should I use a pen tablet for Inkscape?

I like Inkscape, because It's lightweight and stable,  I can easily select, resize and change stroke style and most importantly because it natively handles SVG format. 
 Currently I'm using a mouse, but this can be quite time consuming when there are a lot of curves. Is a drawing pen tablet better? I have seen some post like this: https://pctechtest.com/best-drawing-tablet-for-inkscape , but still confuing, 
From your experience, do pen tablets fulfill these requirements?  and if so, any recommendations?

I think it all comes down to personal preference, and how you intend to use it.  I know a graphic designer who strictly uses a mouse, even though she tried a tablet and didn't care for it.  I asked how to managed when she needed to do really intricate work, and she said her trick was to use a gaming mouse, and use the mouse's software to use precision mode.  I personally use trackballs, which most people are not fond of at all, but my trackballs have a precision mode, which I often use as well.