Daryl

ce7000-60 8.5 x 11 max. working area

Hello,

I am very new to all of this but for the most part have been able to figure some things out by watching YouTube videos etc.

One thing I haven't been able find is... On an 8.5x11 sheet of paper what is the max. working area. At times it will give me errors about the registration marks while doing print and cut. I know thats because I'm trying to cram too much on to the sheet.

If I knew the max size I could use it would help a lot. That way I could center a rectangle and fit my designs within that area and then delete the rectangle.

The max is, not cutting past the pinch rollers, on your sheet, if the pinch rollers are not turned off or expanded.  The real size for a  24" cutter is probably like 23.6" wide, (close). There are magnets at the pinch rollers to stop it from cutting past them.  Many people use an adhesive  cutting mat under their sheet which holds the sheet and gives them extra area, around the sheet  and the pinch rollers are on the cutting mat then.  Personally I turned my pinch rollers and media sensor off on day 1.  I can cut edge to edge of the vinyl, and no more measuring of the vinyl at start up. I know how  wide my vinyl is for my jobs, I don't need it measured. My Graphtec cutter  (FC) has those features in Menu>Background settings>  Check your user manual. There is also EXPAND for the pinch rollers. In your user manual  I do not contour cut.  I only cut sign vinyl for my business.  Walmart and other stores carry those cutting mats.  They are like these.  https://uscutter.com/uscutter-vinyl-cutter-carrier-sheet-cutting-mat-a4-a1/

I'm new to the whole vinyl cutting and software thing.

I was looking at the titan 3 28" or the Graphtec ce7000 60

I'm mostly looking to cut out stencils and vinyl letters for air brushing, plus pinstriping 

Also I'm looking for easy to work software that's not that difficult to learn.  I know not every program is perfect, looking for advice

Thank you

You will find that most of us old timers will say,  Buy a Graphtec. OR buy the best that you can afford. I have never had a problem with my Graphtec EVER, unless user error starting out. A Titan is a rebranded Saga vinyl cutter. We know the track record for a Graphtec,  mine is 16 years old, bought new ,never a problem. With Saga, you would have to check how long on the market.  All vinyl cutters come with cutting software. You can download the trials and see if you would like them. Vinyl Master Cut and Sure Cuts A lot comes with All Titan and lower cutter vinyl cutters.  Graphtec has it's own cutting software, and if using windows, they also give you  Graphtec Pro Studio, which is over a $1000 software, made by and similar to Flexisign pro software.

Do you use graphtec pro studio?

If so, is it easy to learn? I figure any software will take time to learn. I'm 52 and really never been great with computers. I'm to a point now that I can't do what I used to and it's time to save time by getting a vinyl cutter. 

What are your thoughts on the Graphtec ce7000 60? It's around $1900 with a bundle on swing design. That's about my limit I want to spend.

I've been doing some research and have come across on a lot of your comments. I really appreciate your input and thank you for your time!

I have it installed, on my windows 10 for a Graphtec FC8000, which is a back up cutter, purchased cheap.  I have a FC7000 on my Windows XP. and cut with Flexistarter8.6, That is my Original cutter. I had  Flexidesigner10, already before I got the Graphtec Pro Studio, Flexidesigner is is pretty much the same as Graphtec Pro Studio, just no cutter drivers. It is for print and design only. Any Graphtec is great. That is why we say buy a Graphtec.   I have all Flexi products. I started back in 2006. All of it self taught. I didn't even know this forum existed. I am 74 years old and still at. All software have a HELP at the top of the layout screen, that is pretty much the user manual. Many topics in youtube. It's read and learn. I have different computers for different software. But I always cut from a Windows XP. It is best to have your cutter on a dedicated computer and leave it there hooked up. This is what it looks like.  I think Flexi products are very user friendly. If I need anything done on Graphtec Pro Studio, I just save the file and send it to myself in an email, to cut on the Windows XP.  

Graphtecpro.jpg