Sign in to follow this  
ryan1633@hotmail.com

Laser point 3 manual contour cut

Hello, I have recently bought a laser point 3 after my mh series broke. I am trying to use the manual contour cut with vinyl master to manually plot out the printed ultra marks on my vinyl. The problem is that the controls on the software are not moving the cartridge so that I can line up the points. I have tried to even do the test calibration for manual cuts and they do not do anything either. Would anyone happen to know why it won’t control the cartridge from the software?

That cutter has ARMS, (AUTOMATIC REGISTRATION MARK SENSOR ) not made to manually contour cut. It uses a laser and automatically reads the registration marks. You could have purchased an SC2 and saved money, if you wanted to manually CONTOUR CUT.. "ARMS" is a BIG advantage over manually contour cutting. That is what Graphtecs and Rolands have to contour cut. Why would you purchase a cutter with ARMS, if your not going to use ARMS? ARMS  is way more accurate for contour cutting, than manual. That  is the BIG feature on Laser Pointer 3

That cutter has ARMS, (AUTOMATIC REGISTRATION MARK SENSOR ) not made to manually contour cut. It uses a laser and automatically reads the registration marks. You could have purchased an SC2 and saved money, if you wanted to manually CONTOUR CUT.. "ARMS" is a BIG advantage over manually contour cutting. That is what Graphtecs and Rolands have to contour cut. Why would you purchase a cutter with ARMS, if your not going to use ARMS? ARMS  is way more accurate for contour cutting, than manual. That  is the BIG feature on Laser Pointer 3

I am going to start using ARMS but I printed this job with the manual marks for my old mh cutter before it broke. I don’t want to reprint and laminate because it’s over 10 feet of material.

Then ask UScutter or Vinyl Master.  No one here is doing that.  Some people use a sharpie, to make registration marks, so they can be read. No one here (only a handful ) who answers questions, even uses a Laser pointer 3. We are volunteers, answering questions, IF we can. 

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037576032-LaserPoint3-Contour-Cutting-Video

Then ask UScutter or Vinyl Master.  No one here is doing that.  Some people use a sharpie, to make registration marks, so they can be read. No one here (only a handful ) who answers questions, even uses a Laser pointer 3. We are volunteers, answering questions, IF we can. 

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037576032-LaserPoint3-Contour-Cutting-Video

Okay, I did ask support and they said play around with it because they have no exact answer lol. I was also thinking about drawing the lines but I don’t really know where exactly to place them.. or does it matter?