Sign in to follow this  
Gatorhunter

My Laserpoint was working fine, then, sounded like an old truck trying to start.

Hey Ken,  need a little help, just bought this this month, its a 24 laserpoint/stand model and it has been working fine.

I am about to make an 8' sign and simply turned it on.  it came on , cycled, i put it off line, ran some vinyl through for length and all of a sudden

the fan motor started skipping, starting , stopping , starting, etc. and the screen on the cutter went blank and won't come on.

i have unplugged it, taken everything off the plug except it. still sputters like an old car trying to crank.?

I am semi-mechanically inclined, so if there is something that i can do let me know.  It is under warranty so i don't want to go tinkering around

and mess up my warranty unless you tell me too.  Up till now it has been great.  I have never used a vinyl cutter before but do a lot of printing with

dyesub, corel draw, etc. so I am basically knowledgeable about what should happen.

I was not trying to cut yet when this happened, just getting some vinyl ready...  thanks, ron

Hey Ken,  need a little help, just bought this this month, its a 24 laserpoint/stand model and it has been working fine.

I am about to make an 8' sign and simply turned it on.  it came on , cycled, i put it off line, ran some vinyl through for length and all of a sudden

the fan motor started skipping, starting , stopping , starting, etc. and the screen on the cutter went blank and won't come on.

i have unplugged it, taken everything off the plug except it. still sputters like an old car trying to crank.?

I am semi-mechanically inclined, so if there is something that i can do let me know.  It is under warranty so i don't want to go tinkering around

and mess up my warranty unless you tell me too.  Up till now it has been great.  I have never used a vinyl cutter before but do a lot of printing with

dyesub, corel draw, etc. so I am basically knowledgeable about what should happen.

I was not trying to cut yet when this happened, just getting some vinyl ready...  thanks, ron

[/quote

OK, SO NOW IT IS JUST SITTING THERE CYCLING, RED LIGHT BLINKING STEADILY AND MAKING A LOW "I'M TRYING TO GO BUT JUST CAN'T SOUND"  AND NOBODY EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM, I'M REALLY TRYIN' TO BE PATIENT, I KNOW KEN IS REALLY BUSY, BUT I'M A DO'ER, CAN'T JUST SIT AROUND AND WAIT, SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY THOUGHTS I'D REALLY APPRECIATE THEM UNTIL KEN GETS TIME TO CALL ME OR EMAIL ME..

THIS UNIT IS NEW, LESS THAN 30 DAYS OLD BUT ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE THE POWER SUPPLY IS WEAK..OR TRYING TO DIE..??

LOL, MAYBE I'LL JUST GO FISHIN'..... NOPE,  WIFE WON'T LET ME DO THAT...OH WELL.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.zzzzzzzzzzzz

If you feel comfortable investigating, I would remove the bottom panel to expose the motherboard and power supply and make sure everything is securely connected.

Ken, thanks very much, it was the power supply.  Now that I have a "working" power supply the machine puurrrs.......

I  can now tell you that it was bad from the start because the fan motor sounded like it was always struggling but i thought maybe it was supposed to...  it works smooth and fast now...

Thanks again, Ron :thumbsup:

Ken, thanks very much, it was the power supply.  Now that I have a "working" power supply the machine puurrrs.......

I  can now tell you that it was bad from the start because the fan motor sounded like it was always struggling but i thought maybe it was supposed to...  it works smooth and fast now...

Thanks again, Ron ;)

Glad to hear.

:thumbsup: