FKBSAR

Problem with Test Cut

I was using my cutter (USCutter 871-mk2) about 2 weeks ago and it hung up on the edge of the vinyl.  It was the end of the project so I cut it off and used what I had.  This past week I tried cutting something and it didn't cut at all, no scoring on vinyl.  I realized that the rollers were off track and I got them back on track.  Now, when I run the test cut (star)  I'm not getting anything (smooth vinyl) no matter how long the blade is set.  Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure carriage rollers are snapped down in the rail. Make sure you did not break the blade tip off. Very easy to do with a jam up. Do you have the blade holder in the carriage arm correctly? Make sure the blade depth is set correctly.  The blade should not be long out of the blade holder at all.  This is the correct way to set blade depth mentioned hundreds of times on here. Look for cracks in the carriage arm holding the blade holder. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. When you think the blade is so far in the blade holder, that you think it would not even cut, that is probably correct.