Shawn C

Signblazer Element CD seems blank

I just received my cutter today, woohooo, but when I put in the elements CD there isn't anything on it. In windows explorer no files are found. Looking at the disc itself it looks completely blank, can't see any lines on it at all.

Please help. I am ready to get this thing set up and start cutting.

Thanks,

Shawn

From the link Cyber provided, you will want the Full Install top selection.

I downloaded the full version .exe and it all seems to have worked fine other than I don't get how to get from an eps to a file that actually shows up on the cutter preview. I asked that in another post.

Can you post your SBD file?  Are you saying you can import the EPS, but nothing shows up when you go to cut?  Is your graphic a vector graphic or bitmap image?  It must be a vectorized graphic.

Here is the SBD. It has 3 logos on it but I want to cut the one in the upper right. So I would like to crop it to just that one and then size it up to 9". I assumed since it was vector before I brought it in that it would automatically be vector and not rasterized to a bmp.

Thanks for looking at it for me. The other logo got all messed up because I moved it around a lot while grouping the one I wanted to cut.

UNTITLED.SBD

UNTITLED.SBD

Select all of the elements that you want to cut. (You can drag a rectangle around them with your mouse)

In the bottom of the screen it will give you the size of the elements selected. Change it to be the finished size you want to cut. If you check the "Keep Porportional" box it will scale in both directions equally.

Go to the Cut menu.

Check the box that says "Cut Selected"

Only the elements that you have selected will show up in the cut screen or will be cut.

Here is the SBD. It has 3 logos on it but I want to cut the one in the upper right. So I would like to crop it to just that one and then size it up to 9". I assumed since it was vector before I brought it in that it would automatically be vector and not rasterized to a bmp.

Thanks for looking at it for me. The other logo got all messed up because I moved it around a lot while grouping the one I wanted to cut.

I can't get your logo to work.  It came in with a black box around all of the logos, which some of that logo is tied to.  I tried splitting the object, but the black box remains tied to some of that logo.  I would recommend cleaning up the image a bit before bringing it into SBE.  Can you post the EPS file?

I will clean it up and try it again on my own, I want this to work. If I can't get it, I will post the EPS.

I appreciate all your help. This forum is the reason I bought this cutter.

Thanks,

Shawn