MMaria

problems with goldcut JK721 using with easycut on a mac

Hi, 

I have a JK721 goldcut plotter. It works OK on my windows laptop, but the laptop is so old it will stop working soon. I bought a mac (OS Monterey) but I cannot get it working on there using easycut, which is what I have been using on the laptop. 

I have a serial to usb lead which I bought as it said that a normal lead wouldn't work with it, so I have tried that (as well as a normal lead) and it says that it's sending the information to the plotter, but nothing happens. When I try and test cut nothing happens. 

I have downloaded the driver necessary for the usb to serial lead, I have tried using different plotter names in the settings, changed the baud rate, used different leads, everything. 

Can anyone please help me with this? I am so fed up and desperate for this to work!

Thanks.

The only USB to serial adapter recommended to work with a vinyl cutter is a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter with a nulll modem serial cable. Tripp-lite is the brand name. Mentioned to use on this forum hundreds and hundreds of times.  Most other usb to serial adapter are like the cheap Chinese chip set that is the JK Gold cut. you really are not improving a thing by using it.   I also found this. 

https://www.easycutstudio.com/blog/goldcut-cutter-setup-guide.html#:~:text=To use the Goldcut Vinyl,will default to "JK".

Find the best price.   https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=JB0CK4TDSB6Z&keywords=tripp+lite+keyspan+usb+to+serial+adapter&qid=1697642213&sprefix=tripp+lite+Keyspan%2Caps%2C427&sr=8-3