haftting

Cameo/Brother - cutting on existing cards

Hey,

I found some of my old trading cards (Pokemon in this case) and saw that there is quite a lot of people creating 3d cards out of it and I wanted to try this on my own.

I was curious if there is a way to cut out detailed areas of the existing cards?

My thoughts on this are:

• There must be a way to scan the card for the software to recognize, so that I could trace the desired area and only cut out this part. I think that this option may lead to problems with the details due to the possible loss while scanning?
  • I could try to edit a picture of the exact same card and only import the desired detail into the software, place and cut it. I guess there will be huge problems in terms of alignment and correct size, especially when dealing with small areas.

Maybe I'm missing something here or/ and that my thoughts are way too complicated on this but I  would appreciate any kind of help/ hints.

Feel free to ask if my description is kind of confusing ofc.

I don't think you'd ever be able to get things to align perfectly. I think you'd be better off doing it by hand with a good sharp knife.