kcherdch

Can we contour cut outside of registration marks?

Hi all, I have the CE7000-40 machine, and I'm having limited media size (8x10"). My graphic is pushing pretty close to the edge, pushing the registration marks to be really close to the edge also. It's causing the machine to not be able to read the registration marks. So I'm trying to move the registration marks inward more, however it's now inside the bound of graphics. Is this possible for the machine to do? I'm trying to do a contour cut per the red line.

Also, is there a carrier sheet I can attach my magnet sheets to to make sure they're square? I came from a Cricut machine and was looking like a sticky matt to hold the media while it goes through the machine.

Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2023-09-20 020734.png

CE7000   Expanded Cutting Area
It expands the cutting area to include objects outside of the area enclosed by registration marks. Production efficiency is enhanced by reducing media waste.

Your user manual is your best friend. Search under PUSH ROLLERS, In the INDEX.  You can  turn the media sensor and pinch rollers off. (Push rollers. 1-4, 1-6, 1-8)  (Push roller sensors.10-5 ) This info is in your Graphtec user manual which can be found on the Graphtec website.  Many people use a cutting mat, so they can hold smaller vinyl. can be purchased at Walmart and hobby shops. Ebay.

Also, is there a carrier sheet I can attach my "magnet sheets" to to make sure they're square?

Personally I would never cut magnet sheets on my Graphtec, and my cutter has a lot more force than the CE7000.  That is a lot of wear and tear on an expensive cutter.   A Cricut can do it with a DEEP CUT BLADE,  But that is your choice to make.  Maybe possible with 2-3 passes so it isn't trying all at 1 time.