Sign in to follow this  
digdoug

SC not cutting correct size

I have an SC cutter that I just started to notice a problem with the cut image size. 

24” x 6" rectangle is actually cutting at 24 7/8” x 6 1/16", 12” is at 12 3/16" x 6 1/16" and 6” is at 6 1/16” x 6 1/16". Not sure how long this has been going on since I’m just now getting into a project that has to be exact. It seems that the bigger the image gets the more it's off when cutting. I've tried shrinking the image in SCA but it will still stretch. I don't want to keep cutting different sizes until it comes out correct. I kinda have a general idea what the issue and fix are, just curious if anyone out there has/had the same issue and what the solution was.

Here is the tech info of what computer and software I’m using:
USCutter SC631
MacBook Air M1
Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 5 ver 5.094

Thanks

Fygars and Pookahs and falling rocks, oh my!   (DigDug reference)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnZzlocXxlDSp2ro9XJen

IIRC, in SCAL you have to do some math to figure out the right numbers to set the calibration. If you can't sort it out on your own, please contact CraftEdge support directly and see if they can provide a walk-through of the solution.

Thanks for info. Adjusting the x,y resolution works. Just have to tweak the numbers a bit more to get it exact. Now just have to contact SCAL to ask why after the latest update that when after cutting once then cutting the same thing again, the cutter will roll the material back and out of the rollers. Have to hit cancel on the machine to stop it and cancel in SCAL. After reloading it works fine. Quick fix is to hit reset on the cutter before cutting again. Easily done I know, but doesn't seem right.

Depending on how large your design/nodes/order is, you will want to hit reset anyway. The SC631 is limited in memory.  You may find it stopping in the middle of jobs, if you don't dump the previous orders data.