Kimhatch2000

Need Help Importing Files

I recently bought a company from a lady that has 2000+ files that she created on the old Graphtec Studio on a Mac.  Today I downloaded the Graphtec 2 and the Graphtec Pro on my computer along w drivers and such.  (Ive used Roland Cams before so I thought this would be easy)  When I go to import her design on the Graphtec2 I get a corrupt message. When I go to bring it into the Pro.. I can't even find a file, its like it doesnt recognize it at all. All her files say GSTUDIO on them.

First off.. does anyone still have the old version of the Graphtec Studio?

2. Will I be able to use her files if they were done on a mac and Im on windows?

3. I can see an old download, but it states I have to have Corel or Illustrator.  So, does that mean you can't run this without one or the other?

Worked on this for about 6 hours now, called 3 support people... still nothing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Kim

I found a person using it, (thread)  There is no option to export other than Graphtec Studio files,  Except PDF.   

"I have a Graphtec ce-6000. I use the Graphtec studio software. There is NO option to export files to save them in any other format. I dL'd a pdf creator, but when it creates a pdf, its only half of the picture. Does anyone know how to save Graphtec files as a different format? Also, what is plt file?"

Another thread  "The original Graphtec Studio will only let you save files as .gstudio or .pdf.  If you chose .PDF, they will work.  However, you will no longer be able to edit text and groupings will be lost.  I think it is fairly remiss of Graphtec to not give you a way to convert, export or import .gstudio files after forcing you to switch."

Post a file, as long as it is not copyrighted.   I think Graphtec Studio files, only can be used on Graphtec Studio software.    Just like my Flexi files  (FS) are only for Flexi software.

See if the Graphtec Studio here works.

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/old-software