hacker.high1968

Other software

It would probably work to an extent.The program was mainly designed for the roland stika cutters,which are 8" 12" and 15".I don't know if it will allow you to go 24" on the cut width.And I'm pretty sure it won't even let you get close to the 57 foot maximum length that these cutters have.I had a friend who has one.Well,I guess he's still my friend.I just never have the time to go to his shop anymore.He has a 15" roland stika.The thing I really didn't like about the program was that it mainly works out of bitmap files.That is SO windows 3.1!If you have worked with any customers at all,you know that they like to give you a 200 x 300 graphic and tell you they want it a foot tall.When you start with a bmp and blow it up to that size,it's quite rough around the edges.But then I guess you could work it up with your graphics program and save it as a bitmap.But if you want to be competitive price wise,you can't charge the money for the time involved in working a logo up in two or three graphics programs.My assummed friend thinks it's  a great program.And I guess it is.If you like working with those itty bitty cutters.Just my .02.

My first Cutter was a sticka... I used to think that it was the greatest software, I guess i was just scared to become more advanced... Dr. Sticka is Very Very Very Feature limited, You can do SO much more on ANY other program... I would scrap the Dr. Sticka and go with something else

Tried other software but I thing  Winpcsing is one of the better solution. I have the pro version and I'm able to vectorize Image in few sec. You can also create correct you vector and cut it after easily. It said that you can use it with over 400 plotter. The software is easy to learn even got training cd. Check on signmax site to got the price for Sign making software

Frankied... Im with you all the way... I've been a die hard WinPCSign Fan for years now also... Im just curious... Did it take you as long as it did me to lean the software... (probaby 6 months to a year to figure out all the functions):huh:

I've been using SignBlazer and I am just totaly suprised by this software...

There is virtually no learning curve... I think that Its just as powerful as WinPC, but alot more novice user friendly...

It would probably work to an extent.The program was mainly designed for the roland stika cutters,which are 8" 12" and 15".I don't know if it will allow you to go 24" on the cut width.And I'm pretty sure it won't even let you get close to the 57 foot maximum length that these cutters have.I had a friend who has one.Well,I guess he's still my friend.I just never have the time to go to his shop anymore.He has a 15" roland stika.The thing I really didn't like about the program was that it mainly works out of bitmap files.That is SO windows 3.1!If you have worked with any customers at all,you know that they like to give you a 200 x 300 graphic and tell you they want it a foot tall.When you start with a bmp and blow it up to that size,it's quite rough around the edges.But then I guess you could work it up with your graphics program and save it as a bitmap.But if you want to be competitive price wise,you can't charge the money for the time involved in working a logo up in two or three graphics programs.My assummed friend thinks it's  a great program.And I guess it is.If you like working with those itty bitty cutters.Just my .02.

the software is very limited, but it can cut to any perimeter you set it to. i use the software daily to cut files with my graphtec 24" plotter. you'll have to toy with the mm settings to get the correct inches, but it will work great as a cutting program.

you can simply copy and past from corel draw and then resize it within the dr stika software. one thing i do like about the program is the bmp features. if you can get your hands on a good jpeg or bmp image you can import any bmp file.... beat even corel trace with a good quality image.

I use EasySign, and I think if you're a previous Illustrator or CorelDRAW user, you can transfer your worksheets to ES...if that's a problem.