Sign in to follow this  
Daniel T

vinyl drifting

Good morning everyone,

i continue to have a considerable material drift when cutting long straight and or parrallel lines. Cutter is the MH365 12" cutter that accepts a 14" wide roll.

I have slowed the cutting speed, adjusted tension on the rollers and using a new, sharp blade.

Two questions: how far apart should the pinch rollers be? is this distance relative to the size of the vinyl or the size of the design being cut?

and does anyone have any other ideas to consider to solve this problem.  thanx,  daniel t

Well put your vinyl in the cutter ... put on the tentions and pull the vinyl out a couple feet ... if you have "walking" then adjust it and try again.... if it is still "walking" repeat untill you got it right.... :)

On the MH365 I got sitting here on the desk, I put the pinch rollers about 1 inch in on each side of the vinyl. Beardowns suggestion is a good one as well.

regarding vinyl drifting,  thanks  Beardown and Kenimes.  using both suggestions i now have minimal drift and my last 57" cut came out with no problem.  should be able to post a picture next week when the job is finished    thanx, Daniel t