Sign in to follow this  
coateslr

Cutter stops halfway through the design using Flexi

I have Flexi 8.1 pro and the Copam 4050.  Halfway through the design the cutter just stops cutting and just stands still, but the menu on the plotter says that its cutting.  I've checked the cables, restarted the PC & Flexi, and it does the same thing.  When I try the same designs in SignBlazer it cuts fine without any problems.  I'm using the HPGL driver.  I was getting the write port error, but after reading a post I unchecked the box that states, conect to local production manager using tcp/ip and don't get it anymore.

Does anyone know what's happening and how this can be fixed?  Thanks!

Have you tried the Roland PNC-960 or DGI OM-60 driver for the Copam?

Guest Terry

Wrong drivers or your using USB connection.

Interesting, if the USB connection works fine for SignBlazer without problems, can it still cause the above mentioned errors with Flexi?  If so, maybe I need to look into get another usb to serial connector.  I using the one US cutter sent with the Copam 4050.

Hey Tykite,

I went to the Flexi Site and can't figure out where to download the drivers.  I keep getting the list of supported drivers, but not the driver downloads.

Guest Terry

The drivers are in Flexi, in setup, what driver are you using now? how did you get it? is your setup in prodution manager even correct? or did you download a driver from someplace?

Thanks CyberSultan, now I can see the Copam 4050 driver, but I'm getting the write port error again now.  Terry, I tried to use the drivers that Ken & Tykite recommended in production manager setup, but still received the write port error.  Since I've tried the recommended driver in production manager, could it possibly be the usb connection?

I think it is the usb connection, I just tried it in SignBlazer and now I'm getting the error

"Can not open the output device, error initializing cutter"

Guest Terry

Wrong drivers or your using USB connection.

:) my thoughts, not a fan of USB on cutters or laptops.

Guest Terry

You can try this, but it probably won't help. In flow control choose hardware and apply.

post-0-12986520098927_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986520111424_thumb.jpg

i get this as well but it seems like it only happens with certain designs.

i just hit cut again and watch the cut  ( you will have to manually stop it from cutting a second one of the same )