Sign in to follow this  
cuincolor

Heat press problems (vinyl not sticking)

We are having problems with the vinyl (Fibron) not sticking to our shirts. We used a shirt that was 100% cotton and it works great, all the letters and logo stayed great. Now we change to 50/50 on tank tops and the letters are picking and choosing if they want to stay on or not. We are @ 350 with pleanty of pressure. At times the plastic on the top is tearing and not coming off of the vinyl. We are new to the t-shirt thing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wife said she read that the shirt can be a problem if you don't use the 100% for the vinyl to stick to it.

Again any help is needed.

Try pre heating the shirts for about 6 to 8 seconds before applying vinyl. This takes the humidity off the shirt.

JC

Is that vinyl just for 100% cotton??  Most is for cotton, 50/50, etc unless otherwise noted.

I've had no problem with thermoflex on 50/50 or 100% cotton.

Jenny

Guest fivestar

As Joe and Jenny stated, try pre-pressing the shirt to get any moisture out of it and also be sure the vinyl isn't strickly for 100% cotton shirts.  I use multicut from www.jotopaper.com and it works on 100% 50-50 and just about anything else I put it on.

personally i haven't used Fibron but from what i was told it can be used on just about evrything except nylon.

u need to prepress as stated above then press at 350 for 20 seconds.

It is one of the ebay specials, you would think I would learn that it costs you money to save money when you buy off ebay.

Guest fivestar

Go get a infared thermometer and test the top platen to be sure it is heating evenly, sounds like that could be the problem.  Believe me I had one that I thought worked great, until it broke and I had to purchase a mighty press, there is NO COMPARISON between them.

Guest crshirts

Some brands of t-shirts work better than others.

Carl

Wanted to thank everyone for their help in this manner. We did purchase a thermo and found that the plate was not even all over the plate, causing hot spots and cold spots. Of course the manufact siad that it could not happen. We contacted a local sign shop retiring and bought his old heat press and spent $50 rather than $300 and it works like a charm. Was able to just plug it in and off we went running on shirts. But once again Thank you to all that took the time to help out a few newbies. :thumbsup:

What ebay seller did you buy from, so others that are interested in purchasing one soon, won't have to deal with this issue too.

What ebay seller did you buy from, so others that are interested in purchasing one soon, won't have to deal with this issue too.

(i.e. firemalt)

Guest fivestar

(i.e. firemalt)

That's some funny shit right there.

See... that's something I would expect from Terry or bk2d, but not you, Joe... maybe BannerJ would be kind enough to get this rusty knife out of my back that Joe shanked me with!  :thumbsup:

Hey firemalt, I didnt mean to offend you.

It is only that the "soon" part of the sentence makes it look very personal, like you were talking about yourself, Plus I know you are thinking about getting one.

Joe

Guest fivestar

I love the new signature Joe.  I'd hire you but I'm not that big YET.  Gimmie another yr or so, then look out.  Ole Uncle Fivie got some plans. :thumbsup:

Yeah I know  ;D  :thumbsup:

Just wanted to be clear as I dont want you to get  ;D @ me  ;D

Lol uncle five, Im looking forward to that  :thumbsup: I've been wanting to move to the states since 2001 when I lived there for 1/2 a year.

Now back to topic.

;D

JOe

Guest TracMatt

Well if you don't mind me asking, where do you live now?

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Ah thanks.  I visited there many years ago.  I thought it was beautiful, but then I don't live there so it might be different if you do.

Tracee

Yeah its beautiful and fun too, but Im in for a change  ;D I would like to start something new, thats how I am  ;D