Sign in to follow this  
cxixer

Which blade?

I purchased the 24" PCUT off ebay, what blades came with it? Angle? Brand?

What blades do you recommend? Especially for detailed work? The blades I'm using tend to pull up the small edges of fine decals that come to a point, this is very inconvenient. I've read here on the forums a 60 degree blade would be best, I've been eyeing this page:

http://www.signwarehouse.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=roland-cutter-blades

Any ideas? Suggestions?

the pcut uses Roland type blades. Pulling up the vinyl is usually a matter of blade adjustment,not the type of blade itself. Also,the blade offset can be a factor.Adjust you blade in a little,but increase the cutting force.

Also make sure that your blade is clean. I use alchohol then spray it with WD-40 so it spins freely in the holder. This also keeps the vinyl from sticking to it.

I'll try cleaning the blade and whatnot. How often do you clean your blade for proper maintenance?

And great tip about ebay, quite the price break if you buy in bulk!

Anyone have a good tip on license plate blanks? Cheapest I've found is from signwarehouse that doesnt require a minimum purchase. I only want a few in white and black.

I could also cut them on my CNC if they're not very cost effective anywhere, but I hate to waste my bits if they're cheaper to order.

I get my blanks from Signwarehouse. AS cheap there as anywhere. I used to buy locally before I moved. That is the cheapest way. YOu can buy 1 or a hundred.

Ebay is a great place to get deals. I purchased several sets of blades for cheap and they work fine. All name brand but others have had good luck with generic blades too.