Sign in to follow this  
TmEvil

Copam 3500 feeding problems

Has anyone had or heard of problems with feeding the viynl.I can cut small stuff out just fine but if I do a banner that is let say 6' long the rollers do not stay lined up it shifts the viynl over som in turn cutting off edge.How does the screw on the back of the pinch roller work mine is screwed all the way in.Any help would be great also does anyone know about a litte more in depth info on the sign cut sofftware?Thankx again

D

The pinch rollers need to be in the green sections in order for it to feed properly. The screw on the back should not need to be adjusted. The SignCut software is strictly for cutting, and you need to import graphics files to SignCut in .eps or .ai format for SignCut to read the file properly.

I have had them in the green section and it still feeds wrong if i do somthing long,also if i have the viynl tight meaning I dont let any slck out it makes a funny noise like it cant feed the viynl on its own.The reason I asked about sign cut is i was trying to get the cutter to space off the edge a little and was wondering if there is a way to do it?The pinch rollers are supposed to be on the silver rollers and in the smaller green sections is ths right?thankx for all your help.

D

Yes the rollers need to be sitting above the metal feed rollers for it to feed properly, the green sections let you know where your feed rollers are. You can set the origin of your cutting blade by using the arrows keys on the cutter itself. If you want it to start a bit more in on your material, just use the arrows to set and then hit "enter" when you got the blade where you want it.

Ok also are the pinch rollers supposed to be on the viynl or the perferated backing on the side of the viynl?

thankx

D

yes, vinyl 9color side ) up, paper down on silver rollers, when you line up, those pinch rolers loose them, they go right on top of (color) vinyl...