iwant2

NEW laser cutter but no laser light..

Just received my new laser cutter yesterday and finally got everything ready for my first cut and noticed the laser beam are nowhere to be seen. Is there a switch I need to turn on the laser? I read somewhere in the forum that the light should be on once the cutter are power up. Anyone having the same issue or it's just my luck? Any help will be greatly appreciated. HELP ME PLEASE!

I think you should troubleshoot with Ken, but I will say that I had the same issue that you did recently with my new cutter.

My repair, which may not be yours was to replace the laser.  The connections where the laser was connected to power were improperly soldered.  The laser, it turns out was just fine.

If, this is the case with yours, I gave Ken a photo essay of what I did.  It did require a few soldering tools, but I felt it much easier than returning a 50lb cutter that was working perfectly other than the laser for contouring which I haven't even started to do yet.

Dave

A couple of others have also tapped the carriage a little to get the thing to come on.