Sign in to follow this  
Guest TracMatt

Trouble with signblazer

Guest TracMatt

I am having all kinds of trouble with signblazer.  First of all it keeps shutting down with an error every time I try to import.  If I can squeak one through when I bring up the item to be cut it either imports upside down or has tons of lines going through it.  When I go to the cutter menu it doesn't show up just a couple of lines do.  I think I may have some major software issues and I can not get any technical support from sign blazer.  I have emailed them 3 times about the shutting down thing and not one response back.  I am personally beginning to be sorry I purchased this whole unit.  :police:  On top of that I have a new computer that I am waiting to hear about switching the software over to and nothing on that either.  So now I have two computers running in my shop taking up all my space.

Anyone have any ideas?

Tracee

I think part of the issue may be a bad file. It may not even be the one you are cutting. I have had it where there is a .eps file that SB doesn't like and it makes it crash. Try putting the file you want to import in a different directory all by itself. Also try the same thing on a different file.

Sorry to hear about your headaches... it almost sounds like you are importing the wrong type of file or a corrupted file. I would double check the image in another program like corel, AI, or inkscape and make sure the image is good, and an eps file.

Once you get an image to the cutter, it sounds like the lines are either too thin, or that there are several colors in the image, and the few that are showing up, just happen to be the same color... again, this sounds like an image issue, not a program issue.

Hope that is any type of help for ya. Maybe you could post the image(s) you are having issues with, and see if some other members here can help out. Good luck

Guest TracMatt

Thanks for the quick replies. It doesn't wait for me to import a file, all I have to do is click on import and when the thumbnails come up it shows me the fatal error message and then shuts down.  I don't even get a chance to click on a graphic to import.  I will try to put the files into a different file and see if that helps.

I'm seriously thinking I made a mistake here.  I am very disappointed that there is no tech support from the company.  Maybe I should send it all back and go for something with better tech support.

Can you tell I am seriously frustrated?  :police:

Tracee

Tracee... I can understand you're frustrated... but this is a minor issue. Once this is worked out, you will be glad to kept the cutter!

Guest TracMatt

Boy I sure hope your right  :police:, it's not feeling that way at this point.  I wish there was an update or something to fix the error thing.  How do I get a pic of the item to you?  I have no idea how to use this board other than just posting a message.

Thanks,

Tracee

Guest Terry

Left side of the post it says additional options.

post-0-12986519786966_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986519806141_thumb.jpg

I am able to import that file into SignBlazer without any probems. Sometimes there is a corrupt file in the directory you are trying to import from. SignBlazer creates Preview files for every graphic in the specified folder. (.pvw file types) Are you able to see what folder SignBlazer is trying to import from?

Guest Terry

Well I don't use signblazer so these guys will have to help you, but that file has a second layer in it instead of being just one color, if I click on send all colors at once it's fine, or if I ungroup, then go to compound in Flexi it's fine.

Guest TracMatt

I'm not sure what you mean actually.  If I can get that to import into signblazer without it shutting down then I am trying to make it smaller and put text in an arc above and below.  When I go to cut it out I hit combine because I want it all to be cut in one color, I get all these lines across the raider.  Can you explain what you are asking as I am new and really have no clue to be honest.  I do see the pvw files though.

Thanks,

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

No, was I supposed to?  I tried to combine it instead, it worked with another image I had done.

Tracee

I have just found at times that combine don't work and than I weld it.  It's worth a shot.

Jenny

Guest TracMatt

Terry and Jenny,

Thanks so much!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate the replies and the help.  I am so overwhelmed learning all of this.  I am an embroiderer as well so I have already mastered many software programs for that already.  This time I really thought about giving up.

Terry I will try the repaired file.  Jenny I will try welding also.

Tracee :police:

Guest TracMatt

Terry,

Will Flexi work with the USCutter laserpoint?

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Terry,

I could not import your file either.

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Terry,

I unzipped it and it still won't import.

Tracee

Tracee, if one thing (even though I've learned MUCH more) I learned is even when you can't get tech support there are some VERY helpful people here who will help you until you get it working.  Hang in there, I know you can do it.

Oh and if I ever get into doing embroidery, I'm sure I'll be sending you a PM!!  :police:

Jenny

Guest TracMatt

Thanks Jenny.  I welded it and it disappeared.  I am always available to help with embroidery questions  :police:.  Here is to hoping that the cutter will cut twill when I get a chance to try it!!!

Tracee