JoeCamaro

Wanting to build a t shirt rack

Im looking to build a rack to hang my shirts when in expos and/or activities.

I want something lightweight, easy to assemble and disassemble, that can be moved easily and that can be built cheaply $$$. It doesn't have to be fancy or anything.

Any suggestions on plans to do this?

All I can think of is PVC pipes and I can arm them with elbows and make something like the attached image, but thats kind of plain.

Any ideas?

Joe

post-1068-12986519647385_thumb.jpg

post-1068-12986519675816_thumb.jpg

We made a "light rack" out of some conduit and fittings... has held up for about 6 years now. Conduit and fittings are fairly cheap, stronger than PVC too

YMMV

You can do a lot of things with PVC and conduit pipe and buy yourself a inexpensive tube cutter with it. Then there is gobs of wild looking vinyl you can buy and wrap the pipe making it super sexy.

Go to ebay and for dealers, look up paper street plastics and you can buy some wild stuff in small qualities. I urge everyone to go there for some neat stuff.

http://stores.ebay.com/Paper-Street-Plastics_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

I am not sure of your resources where you live but here are some suggestions!

Even if you cannot buy from this place, you can at least get some ideas from the pictures.  http://www.garmentrack.com/

If you did use pvc, another option might be to use cloth to cover it up.  Maybe drape or hot glue or fasten in some manner, fabric from a craft store.

RJ

Joe, I don't know if you may have some retail stores closing or remodeling in the area, they often throw away racks or sell them for a cheap price.  I ended up getting some nice ones for free that way.  They are sturdy when put together but break down quickly if needed.  Just an idea.

Jenny

PS..if you didn't live so far away I'd just give ya one!  :)

Guest Terry

Slopshops said is true, very easy, no $$$, and clean work, just cut and glue, elbows etc...  :police: Even paint in differnt colors on each tube.  :o