Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

Off to the bow shop

Guest Terry

Just drop them off, and a workers wife at the place owns a antique shop, he said he wants a sign for her new store.  :)

That turned out pretty sharp.  Congrats on getting another job!!  :)

Jenny

Guest Terry

Thanks, the car show worked out great also.

Are you providing these to sell at the shop?  My bow shop has been wanting me to fill their shelfs with decals, but I have been holding out.  I had thought about the manufacturer logos but figured their might be a little infringement on that.

Guest Terry

Well if you hold out... Someone else in your area will be doing it. I sell to shop they raise the price and sell to public. They are dealers so I can sell them all to them.

Generally speaking most authorized dealers of a product can go direct and get promotional items done by independents. This is not a rule, it is a general guideline. There are of course exceptions.

First and foremost is that you are selling to an authorized reseller. If you are selling direct to an end user then you open the door for infringement. However, the cost to prosecute is outrageous so you will get a letter of cease and desist before anything else happens. Or, an outside chance that they come and shut you down to get all of their stuff confiscated. That is also very expensive for them to do.

The second major exception is some manufacturers have licensing contracts to reproduce their logos, etc.. In this case, generally, the dealer/reseller cannot purchase anything from anybody who does not hold a valid license. Most notably would be Harley-Davidson, Jack Daniels, etc.. In these cases some actually will not allow the dealer/reseller to even buy business cards from a non-licensed vendor.

Even in the second case it is extremely expensive to enforce.

Basically, if a dealer orders something I would go for it. Worst case is that they send you a cease and desist letter. Best case is that you sell loads of product, that he recommends you to other dealers who buy product, and that you prosper.

I would, personally, take it a step further after a couple of orders and see if he would give me a dealer list so I could mail other dealers and solicit business. But, that is me.

Guest Terry

Generally speaking most authorized dealers of a product can go direct and get promotional items done by independents. This is not a rule, it is a general guideline. There are of course exceptions.

First and foremost is that you are selling to an authorized reseller. If you are selling direct to an end user then you open the door for infringement. However, the cost to prosecute is outrageous so you will get a letter of cease and desist before anything else happens. Or, an outside chance that they come and shut you down to get all of their stuff confiscated. That is also very expensive for them to do.

The second major exception is some manufacturers have licensing contracts to reproduce their logos, etc.. In this case, generally, the dealer/reseller cannot purchase anything from anybody who does not hold a valid license. Most notably would be Harley-Davidson, Jack Daniels, etc.. In these cases some actually will not allow the dealer/reseller to even buy business cards from a non-licensed vendor.

Even in the second case it is extremely expensive to enforce.

Basically, if a dealer orders something I would go for it. Worst case is that they send you a cease and desist letter. Best case is that you sell loads of product, that he recommends you to other dealers who buy product, and that you prosper.

I would, personally, take it a step further after a couple of orders and see if he would give me a dealer list so I could mail other dealers and solicit business. But, that is me.

This is true, I was a dealer for hidden pet fencing and I could only use there business cards with my name on them and only there yard signs with my phone number. And they give you a territory so no other dealer can sell same product in your area. Same with most bow manufacturers that I know.And all vans had to be done with same graphics by Fast Signs in your area.

Yep, it's a money racket ..

But, at least pet fencing gave you a territory.

Betcha paid more for them business cards than you could get them done locally too ..??

Well if you hold out... Someone else in your area will be doing it. I sell to shop they raise the price and sell to public. They are dealers so I can sell them all to them.

I am holding out due to cutter issues.  That is the only thing holding me back.

I will keep all this in mind when I get with these guys again.  Which will be soon as I need arrows.  I never thought of doing the product decals as well.

ok this may be a dumb question, how do you get the 3 different colors to stick to the backing sheet?

I have tried to do 2 colors and could not get it to work.  I can do 2 colors if I layer them and leave them on the application tape. how do you transfer the other colors and get them to stick to the bare backing that is left behind after you weed the first one?

Guest Terry

A light table, but as you can see this one was easy, I just lifted the red and green and stuck it back on by hand.