Sign in to follow this  
crazyone

Working on doing a bar

Buddy of mine is opening his bar tonight, local guy was QUITE pricy.  I got about an hour in it and $40 bucks in vynil.  I made several sizes for different doors, and a HUGE shamrock for each of the basketball goals (crazy eh?)

Anyways its pretty clean and simple.  DSC00517.JPG  The one in the picture is over 5 feet long, cut with Oracal 651 for both the green and white border.  I won't use anything else anymore this stuff just rocks. 

Forgot how much fun this thing is to play with! 

B

Nice work. I stocked up on some colors from Fellers, there "shinebrite" label. It works really nice, easy to weed, etc.. But, anything that works better .. I may have to try some oracal, see nothing but good reviews on the stuff.

Thanks,  I tried the cheap stuff as well, and had nothing but trouble weeding, the oracal just rocks, and its not 'that' much more expensive.  My time is worth more than the vinyl, so I don't skimp.  Just cut and lettered my uncles race car about an hour ago as well.  I love metallic

B

Looks great!!

Just curious how you got the layers on top of each other without app tape??

looks good! i use alot of 651 also,price isn't bad and quality is fairly  good....

cjb

I used transfer tape to apply the letters one at a time, at this size is just way easier than trying to handle a 4ftx5ft sign.    There isn't a clear sheet on it, the backing on the white vinyl is just really shiney.  I need to upload my pics of them installed, I got a few of them up yesturday, but then took advantage of helping a friend at his bar (i.e. free booze) and got a bit sidetracked.  :)

Brandon

Guest Terry

You like that stuff do ya, seems to tear on me, I'm FDC all the way. FDC seems to stretch instead of tearing on any mistakes or problems. Avery rips on me also. Good job buddy.  :)

I figured that. Wondering what brand?

Guest Terry

Like firemalt said, FDC brand.