Sign in to follow this  
firemalt

first wall d

I don't have pictures of the finished product, just yet. The customer is installing the vinyl and said he would send me some pictures when he finishes up.

They did a football theme in their newborn son's room, and he was having a hard time finding some stencils in the font used to mark the yardage on a football field. They wanted to put the yard markers at the top on the wall as a border.

Hoping that his wife shows her friends and I get some more business out of it :)

Good luck fm! I hope it brings more business to you. Be sure to post the pics when you get them.

Did you get Oracal 631?

Joe

I think you mean Oracal 341... but no I didn't, all I had was some Oracal 641 and the customer was okay with that.

Ohhhh I can't wait to see pics.  I had never thought about doing wall decor, until I saw some awesome work being shown here.  I use to buy those pre-made disney decals to put on my kids walls over 15 years ago and they always left a sticky film to the walls that I had to clean.

Thanks for the tip on the type of vinyl to use for this kind of application.

Jenny

Guest Terry

yup 631 is matte for walls.

I bought my LP strictly to use for contour cutting. But this wall deco thing has my interest sparked. I am going to have to give that a serious looksee .. can't wait to see the pics of your creation.

wife got invite to one of the Uppercase parties, she said she wasn't going buy anything but steal the book for me to make it instead. Told her to just go and pay the $5.00 for the 1" thick book. :)

Guest fivestar

wife got invite to one of the Uppercase parties, she said she wasn't going buy anything but steal the book for me to make it instead. Told her to just go and pay the $5.00 for the 1" thick book. :)

Scan it and share.... :)

will share mine when she get's it. I think the end of the month when she goes.

From what I see it's 3 or 4 differnt fonts with sayings and some 2 color layered graphics.

All simple and easy but they charge alot for something.

I'm still waiting for my lp24 to be shipped. But, the more I read this forum the more I learn. I would never have thought of home decor. I can't wait to see the pics of your work.

Guest Terry

The Uppercase Living Starter Kit comes with everything you need to get your new business started right away. Our Essentials Kit is only $149 and gives you everything you need to begin holding Open Houses immediately including $25 of product credit to purchase decorative lettering for your own home or to give away as Open House prizes. Our Essentials Plus Kit ($249) includes everything from the Essentials Kit, plus doubles the quantity of many of the Open House supplies and includes $100 of product credit to purchase decorative lettering. To view the contents of both kits, click here.

They carry Uppercase books on one shelve and Avon on the other.  :)

Any pics yet Firemalt?? 

Jenny

I'll give him a call tonight to see if he's had a chance to apply them

Here's a couple we did for a friends Pediatric Office:

post-1657-12986519601941_thumb.jpg

post-1657-12986519602519_thumb.jpg

Great job Jayben!!  Thanks for sharing those pics.  Now did the customer choose the fonts to use or did you pick them out??

I find that would be the hardest thing for me, choosing the right font....well with so many out there!  :)

Jenny

I sent her to DAFONT.com. had her look throough and pick some she liked. Then I did each saying in a couple different fonts and emailed them to her as .jpg's. She chose the ones she like best. I also did a height chart that turned out really nice. I don't have pictures of it though. I will post a .jpg of the design later.

Thanks Jay, that's a really good idea and btw, it turned out really nice.

Jenny

Guest fivestar

Jay that turned out really good.  What vinyl did you use, that looks shiny for 631 oracal.

I used some Arlon I got from a local supplier. I like the 631 but I couldn't get the tan color to match the burgandy in 631. It still turned out nice.

Guest fivestar

Yes jay it turned out really nice.