Sign in to follow this  
iaucolumbus

easyweed vinyl

Hey guys, I have been using easyweed vinyl on my company shirts and let me tell you I'm about to kill someone.  In the last week I have had two shirts that the letters are coming up. Get this....I have one on last night and it looked good all day then I look down while laying on the bed and 3 of the letters are coming up. ( not in just a small area half of the letters!) I am so sick of this crap that I'm ready to trash it all.  First off the company that makes this crap doesn't give any instructions with it...Like we can read minds on how to use it. I did find info on settings as far as temp but that's about it.  I have adjusted my press in every way I can think of...turned up the heat and the pressure..What else can I do?

Thanks for your help .

Brent

I would definitely get ahold of the company you got the vinyl from and get some answers!! This is also your reputation on the line.

I had that happen ONCE on one letter using Thermoflex, but it with an additional few seconds on the heatpress it stayed down just fine.  I would get the directions for that and if not I would want my money back!!

Jenny

Guest fivestar

Are you sure your press is getting hot enough?  Do you have an infared thermometer and check the temps in the middle of the top platen and around the edges.

Are you pre-heating your shirts? If not, try it. Heat them for about 6 seconds and then put the design on and heat for 20 seconds @ 350 F.

Also, is your vinyl HOTPEEL or COLDPEEL? This can make a great difference in the results.

JOe

You can buy heat tapes cheaper than an infrared gun, if you don't have one. Screen print companies sell them, places like Tubelite.

You lay them down, 1 in the center, 1 in each corner, for a total of 5. That way you get a good overall range on your heat platen and if it has any dead spots or not.

http://www.tubelite.com/