schizophrenic

MH721 lines and triangles pattern

MH721,  Windows XP PRO SP2, Serial, SignBlazer 06>:lol:

The refine was working perfectly until i try to install flexisign. After the first job, the only good cut, start to draw this pattern attached with flexising, then did a test using signblazer, the sofware working good since i buy the MH721 in March 15, 2008, the result is the same problem. Since yesterday i am searching and reading for posible solutions like the ground, baud rate, port, static, configuration, communication type or media, etc... and nothing that i read has solve the problem. I notice when i press the test button, the test is not completed, only draw or cut a line and then stop the head at the end of the line. I realice a search about and nothing help.

I appreciate any help

post-2448-12986519340418_thumb.jpg

post-2448-12986519368875_thumb.jpg

You say the test cut is not completed when you press the Test button. Could you post a picture of the results you get when doing a test cut?

Quick Response  :lol:

This movement don't draw or cut any line, like i tell before, just move there. To move the head to a normal posotion , i have to press the reset button after this movement.

post-2448-12986519346047_thumb.jpg

post-2448-12986519371029_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

Is signblazer still installed, could be a software conflict between the two. I had signcut installed once and it confused my Winpc, but not my Flexi. So I removed signcut. Did you go in to Flexi setup and production manager and make sure everything is set correctly.

I am leaning towards a hardware failure. Doesn't matter which software is on your computer, or even if the cutter is plugged in to the computer or not, the Test cut should cut a square with a diamond in the middle. It does not appear to be doing that, so I am assuming a motherboard issue.

Have you checked the overcut box in Flexi? When production manager is open, click advanced and check overcut.

Can you cut something else for us? Anything at all?

Try and cut some letters and load up a pic for us.

Paul

Vinyl cutter model: Laserpoint 24"

Date purchased June 2008

Connection method Serial with Keyspan USB coverter

Software Signcut

Operating system OS X 10.5.3

Material everything i try

It worked fine for a day, then it started adding strange triangles to the corners of my files. Now it does this...

post-2419-12986520952641_thumb.jpg

post-2419-12986520969171_thumb.jpg

Date purchased June 2008

Software Signcut

It worked fine for a day, then it started adding strange triangles to the corners of my files. Now it does this...

Whoa- that is interesting. Have you messed with any of the settings in SignCut? Offset, or otherwise?

Date purchased June 2008

Software Signcut

Whoa- that is interesting. Have you messed with any of the settings in SignCut? Offset, or otherwise?

I changed the offset to .25 like i see a lot of folks suggest. I tried the 4800 baud rate that I have seen suggested, too. It was at 9600. I did that cause it started making the odd corners. It was all down hill after that. I put it back to 9600, too.

.25 is mm I think, if you have the cutter in inches, the value should be different. At least I have mine set @ 0.015 Try that.

Joe

Thanks Joe.

Yes, in SignCut the offset should be .015 or .025, or whatever works best, but in SignBlazer it is .15 or .25. Not sure why that is.