Sign in to follow this  
tjracing

Vectorizing

Here you go It needs some clean Up

Dawg

Thank You for doing this for me. I only have one problem the black & white eps file will not open when I down loaded it can you help me. Thanks

I can send it in other formats if you need. You should be able to import the file vs opening it

Dawg

I'm a little rusty but I figured I'd take a crack at it.

With Somthing like this...personally, I would persue

Tracing the flaming text, getting skulls as close as possible and using them (if customer is ok), find the scrolls and match the fonts.

Some things are just not easily traceable.  Not without some extensive work.  There are some online trace folks that charge decent prices for the amount of work (under 20 bucks if I remember correctly) and will have it done within 24 - 48 hours usually.

If someone gives me detailed work like that during the bidding process, I normally just factor in sending the artwork out if it's this involved.  Save the time, headache, and let a pro do it for pennies on the dollar what it would cost you. Someone like  http://vectordoctor.com/pricing.html 

Of course, if this is a paying customer, and you mention that you could save him some money if he can get a usable file, they have moved rather quickly to accomodate me in the past ;D  Usually if they had business cards done or something, they may have better usuable artwork...not always though...

There's not alot that can't be easily traced if you know how to convert it to B/W and if you have Inkscape or Corel X3. 

For this, I did the following in case you want to learn how...

1.  In Photoshop, converted to Grayscale

2.  Used the Threshold Tool to get it set B/W and as even as possible

3.  Auto Traced in Corel

There are many ways to do this, but this is kinda how I did it...and didn't yeild much better results then Dawgs ;D

post-2505-12986519899144_thumb.jpg

mycrackatit.eps

post-2505-12986519911553_thumb.jpg

mycrackatit.eps