Sign in to follow this  
motoxguy

Is it possible to create clean vectors from small rasters?

I have a small gif image of a pinstripe design I would like to trace. No matter what settings I use in Illustrator CS3, I cannot accurately trace it. Is it not possible to do cleanly because of the small initial size of image? I am curious as I do not want to waste too much time on something that really cant be done. Here is a sample of one of the small images...

41109I.gif

I would reccomend to hand vector it. Use the pen tool. It is the best way.

Joe

im trying to do that now. I have never been able to really get the pen tool down pat and it drives me crazy. I really need to figure out the trick to it.

It is difficult in the beggining, but once you get used to it it will become second nature to you.

Go to www.pixel2life.com and look for Illustrator Tutorials, and look for pen tool tutorials. It will be of much help.

Joe

Thanks all.  Terry, did you make those or download them? Im gonna need to do this alot which is why I am asking. I have another question too. If I have a file like this in Ai or eps format, what else do I need to do send to cutter? Do i have to convert them to outlines or does the cutter figure that out?

Guest Terry

I do free hand pinstripes, you create outlines for text. AI or EPS is all you need to send to cutter, long as it is vector. You would be better off to vector with Inkscape my opinion, it's free.

Guest Terry

Go to graphics request I posted you some stripping.  :thumbsup: