Sign in to follow this  
UpNorthPromo

Paint On Vinyl

Here are some decals I made up with paint on white vinyl. They seem to work good its just a matter of putting several coats of clear over the paint to keep the transfer tape from pulling it up. The one on the old xbox that was laying around pulled up a bit but you can still see the water effect, these cold minnesota winters didn't allow the clear to cure enough before applying. I'm learnig on the way it was just practice so it didn't matter. Sorry for the bad picture but that was all I had.

I like the water effect.Have you tried flashing it off with a hair dryer?I know that it helps set the colors on t-shirts when I airbrush them.I think with low heat and constant movement,it wouldn't take long to heat set into the vinyl.

Guest fivestar

UpNorth did you airbrush those or spray bomb?  I have spray bombed a few and I believe about the only thing that will mold to the vinyl and stay is Krylon Fusion.  You actually don't even need to clearcoat using that.  Cut design, spray, let sit until tacky, weed, let dry good then apply transfer tape to it.

I used just spray bombed regular Krylon I was unsure about the fusion. But it sound a lot easier then all the coats of clear. I will try it next time. Thanks.

Guest garysigndesign

NOTE: MAKE SURE THAT THERE ARE NO FINGER PRINTS ON THE VINYL OR OTHER OILS OF  ANY KIND!!! Krylon is the best paint I have used. I mainly used it to paint magnetic material which comes in white so instead of putting down a layer of high performance vinyl it was more cost effective to spray it with Krylon's regular paint colors. Its also cost effective when you need a special color of vinyl just spray the vinyl well test cut it because you have just put a couple of mils of color on the original vinyl. Cut it and weed it and feel confident that when you put transfer tape on it the color will not peel off .