MattS

Mother's Day etch

That is outstanding! I never thought of doing that with my cutter, although I had a freind of mine used to cut snadblast stencils for a headstone company years ago. How much air pressure you gotta have to accomplish that? How long did it take?

It seemed like it took forever but probably a solid 15-20 minutes non stop.  I cranked the pressure up to around 55 psi.  This is using a pressure pot.  If your using a suction type blaster then the pressure would need to be a lot higher.  For the media I was using 70 grit aluminum oxide.  I probably went threw 25 lbs of it during that 15-20 minutes.

can you tell about the equipment you used? what brand/ size gun, how much and where you got it?

Here is my set-up.  It's pretty much all Harbor Freight.  The booth and pressure pot totaled around $150 (on sale).  The booth is built for siphon style so it was adapted for use with a pressure pot.  The foot control and nozzle cost around $10 total with hose.  The media separator was just pieces from around the garage.  I don't recommend using a shop vac for a dust vac.  You end up blowing more dust over the shop then anything else even with a new filter every time.  The compressor is the major piece.  This one is to small for stone work.  Its fine for glass because the pressures are less, but with the higher pressure with stone the compressor is running at all times.  I ended up wearing ear muffs for this stone from the compressor running contently. 

Here's the rig.

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

well , it's nice for somebody but not me, that's to much like work, ohh. i love a challenge, but that, i don't think so. :thumbsup:

Nice idea, Might do that for my mom, What type or how did you sand blast it? Where'd you get the sandblaster? Special type sandblaster or something?

Nice idea, Might do that for my mom, What type or how did you sand blast it? Where'd you get the sandblaster? Special type sandblaster or something?

Refer to page 2 on this topic and you will see my set up.  It is mainly all stuff from Harbor Freight with a few mods. 

Guest kenya

That is a very special gift !!