Sign in to follow this  
goinpostalscottsburg

Are there issues going from serial to serial?

I have a copam 3500 going from serial to serial. The USB didn't work out for us and I only have a serial port open on the computer. I have tried signcut with no driver, as instructed by uscutter. Didn't work. I tried flexi with the roland pnc-100 driver, and the hp driver. It worked but won't cut a whole job without screwing up. It makes a growling noise for less than a second in the middle of a job. The growling I found out is the bottom set of rollers not moving. The tension rollers are fine. The outcome is that the material doesn't advance like it should and the blade starts cutting in the wrong area, so that my images are not spaced correctly or the images overlapped a little. It appears to be a problem with the driver I am assuming, or there is an issue with going from serial to serial with the copam. Any ideas?

The issue is most likely the driver. Serial to serial connection should not be a problem. Try the Roland PNC 960 driver for Flexi, make sure to set Flow Control to Hardware, and uncheck DTR

Hope this helps,

Ken

The issue is most likely the driver. Serial to serial connection should not be a problem. Try the Roland PNC 960 driver for Flexi, make sure to set Flow Control to Hardware, and uncheck DTR

Hope this helps,

Ken

I'm having problems too. I set my machine up today (CP-2500) I followed your directions above, but it says write port error.

It works fine with the test cuts I made with parallel port but I have a second cutter that uses that port.  I'm using Flexi 7.5 on Windows system.