Gio

Not cutting larger signs

I bought a SC Series Vinyl cutter. When cutting larger signs the machine stops cutting in the middle.So it didn't cut the sign completely. Please advise what the problem is.

I'm going with not enough info. To some of us a large is 44 feet, to some 24 inches.

USB, I use the USB that came with the plotter.

Serial SC SERIES

Cutting program. Sure Cuts a Lot 4

I am using the plotter on my macbook pro

@Dakotagrafx-----would this be a memory issue with cutter?  or length of usb cable issue?  

I dont have the same cutter but i know the software has let me cut up to 12 feet so far in one design,So i dont think its the program .I use Sure cuts a lot  4 pro tho. For my USB its actually around 10 feet long ,which longer than the stock one,So i bought a a/c powered usb  4 port hub which makes sure the voltage doesnt drop after too long of cable which can cause signal loss and the cutter will lose the info its sending to the cutter..Just a thought. The Powered usb hub was only around like 10 bucks or so..

5 hours ago, Gio said:

USB, I use the USB that came with the plotter.

Serial SC SERIES

Cutting program. Sure Cuts a Lot 4

I am using the plotter on my macbook pro

If you have any questions with working with scalps( Sure Cuts A Lot)  just let me know...

I have change the baud rate to the highest rate in the cutter setting. But the problem remain the same. When cutting it stops in the middle and the plotter still remain stated "is cutting" . 

my guess would be memory if a lot of nodes, see if you can simplify it and  if that makes it go further - 

I have one question. Prior to use the plotter do I need to download some program. Since I am using Sure cuts a lot pro I have only choose the cutter in Sure cuts a lot setting and start printing. With this plotter I am using Macbook Pro. Maybe I have to install the FTDI Mac OS X driver? I am new to this. 

Im not sure about having to download anything else to make it work.Try sending craftedge a message and explain the problem to them,You should get a response pretty quick from them.Everytime ive sent a message they responded same day.

Im not sure about the nodes being the issue,because i have done some designs that were loaded with nodes and it still cut fine but they were not large designs ,So maybe it could be like Dakotagrafx stated..But contact craftedge... 

!!!!!!    But to get you one step farther do this.. unplug everything that is plugged into a  usb port except your mouse/keyboard and your cutter(Make sure your cutter is turned on) and turn off any network printers...... and run sure cuts a lot... once the program is open... Goto  HELP ,THEN SUPPORT, Click on System info..It will write a file  (  SCAL_SysInfo    )    to your desktop that craftedge will need ..Attach that file to an email and send it to here --->support@craftedge.com, along with what is going on.......that should get you one step farther and faster...Let me know what happens..

I'm having the exact same issue! Same set up MacBook Pro, Sure Cuts A Lot 4, USB connection, 53 inch SC Cutter. When I'm trying to cut this 34 x 17 inch sign either it takes a lonnngggg time to send to the cutter which I imagine it freezes because it does not advance in the status bar passed like 5% and I end up force quitting or it will eventually send and only cut half of the design. It will cut 8.5 x 11 designs fast and no issues at all. I tried making a yard sign 18 x 24 and it's just freezing while trying to send to cutter. This is frustrating and I've been trying to get this resolved for hours and days!! Contacted support from US Cutter and Craftedge and no response yet!!