ok i have a customer who wants some removable magnetic vehicle signs. yes i have called some suppliers before asking u guys, but i have been told something differnt from each person. all i want to do is make two signs one for each side in the most affordable way. they will be on color with logo, sign i don't know, probably a 12x18, don't know how to price either. i know u guys will help me and eliminate the sales pitches.

thanks in advance

sheila

Guest Terry

make sure they are a thicker ply. Or they blow off.

make sure they are a thicker ply. Or they blow off.

thanks terry, ok what ply darling. don't leave me hanging like that. lol

thanks, got it. ok what's next, i know it early and i will exercise patience. lol but thanks. :thumbsup:

30 mil is right. Go to Walmart ,scrapbooking section,and get a corner rounder..$3.88 I think. Works great.

Price..locally they get $90 for a set. Your cost for materials should be under $10. Go by that.

Guest fivestar

I charge $75.00 per set here for 12x24.

I get a 10ft x 24" roll (30 mil) for $29. The comes out to $2.90 per ft. Since it weighs pretty heavy, I would suggest buying from Fellers, and spending over $75.00 to take advantage of their free shipping offer.

I cut it into 6 - 18"x24" signs, and charge $15 per sign($30 for the pair), and then I go $10 for simple single color font, and a little more for multiple color and/or graphics.

You'll like doing magnet signs. They are super easy amd fast to do, and almost as profitable as banners are!  :thumbsup:

see that's why i love this forum :thumbsup:. and u guys rock ummm sweet ;D. thank u so much. now i'm excited, :thumbsup: i was dreading it at first.

30 mil is right. Go to Walmart ,scrapbooking section,and get a corner rounder..$3.88 I think. Works great.

Price..locally they get $90 for a set. Your cost for materials should be under $10. Go by that.

thanks banner, luckily i already have a hand held industiral corner round, been had for about 12 yrs. i do laminated bookmarks that's why i have it but thanks for future reference. :thumbsup:

I get a 10ft x 24" roll (30 mil) for $29. The comes out to $2.90 per ft. Since it weighs pretty heavy, I would suggest buying from Fellers, and spending over $75.00 to take advantage of their free shipping offer.

I cut it into 6 - 18"x24" signs, and charge $15 per sign($30 for the pair), and then I go $10 for simple single color font, and a little more for multiple color and/or graphics.

You'll like doing magnet signs. They are super easy amd fast to do, and almost as profitable as banners are!  :thumbsup:

thanks firemalt. yeah we have a fellers hear but they act so dumb.uh over the phone. i guess i will have to make the drive one day when i'm in the mood. :thumbsup:

I charge $75.00 per set here for 12x24.

That seems to be the growing price around here too. But the more people who get into this business (like here) the lower the price goes. I have seen them as low as $30.00 a set, 12"x24" and then the people go out of business. But the damage is done. Then people expect them at that price forever.

Before computers, I used to get a $125.00 a set. Progress. Argh!!  :'(

Amen to that.

I have had an older sigh Co. here under cut every estimate I have given by 50% or more just to get the job away from myself. I purchased a pricing guide off of ebay that has been running very cosistent with what i read here. The nice part is I don't have any overhead yet so I can weather it out. You can't stay in business

without profit

darrell

You can also do magnetic signs in full color using a laser printer. Works well for realtors and folks who want their pic or a pic of a house, etc., simply do the pick in color and cut the rest.

This is why the sign business has gone KAPUT. I used to get $125.00 for a set of 12" x 24" magnetics and they were handlettered.

The manufacturers of computers and cutters have made this machinery so cheap, so easy to use that any business that uses any signs at all can afford to buy their own.

In my area of Conroe, Texas, I was the first to invest in this technology and I didn't even know how to turn a computer on.

I bought a 15" cutter, computer with about six fonts and made good money for a while. There were three sign companies here, me included. I paid $4,000 for it.

When these first came out, they were $25,000 for the same package.

I could get the signs out super fast and was eating heavily into my competitions business which made them decide to buy the same.

Now there are no less than twenty five sign companies in a 10 square mile area. Not worth fooling with.

Glad I'm retired.

I started selling 12*18 pairs at 65.00, I agree. It's like these people say they can wait for the famous Flea Market to by them at 35.00 a pair. But I stay at 40 and they sell just fine. As for the 25 sign companies in Conroe. I live in Mesquite, Here there are about 10 in a less than 1 mile radius and like 50 in all of Mesquite this includes the garage small companies. (Like Me) 

30 mil

i did 4 of those last year....and they still blew off the man's truck. i saw him the other day and asked why he had black tape around the edges for awhile and he proceeded to tell me he lost 2 of them, each in different towns.....lol  well not funny, so i have to make him some new ones. one got run over and scuffed up and the other ripped.

it was fall and he said they hadn't had time to conform to his truck so he taped them on there til they did.

on pricing...i called a local shop and he told me it cost 80 for a 12x24 magnet, yet i asked for a set of 12x12 and he was only going to charge me 42.50 for 2 color set.....that didn't make sense to me. i have had customers tell me he'll give them a deal the first time to get their business then go higher the next time, so i can't use his prices to go by.....lol

lue anne

Her in Dallas, TX, it seems like verything conforms to everything. I have a set of magnetics on my car, my wifes truck, and my mothers truck. I have never lost one set or 1 magnetic at that. I also do about 70-80 mph on the high way. But I also keep the surface area always clean.

You can also do magnetic signs in full color using a laser printer. Works well for realtors and folks who want their pic or a pic of a house, etc., simply do the pick in color and cut the rest.

REB, are you saying that you can stick the magnetic sign through a color laser printer??? or just print their picture out on laser printable vinyl then stick it on?

WAyne

GroovyDecals.com ,

The ones I buy you can print onto them. I have never done it but the texture it comes on I would say, yes. Also the tube they come in say you can print onto it. They come 2 to a tube, 12x18

Beware of ebay magnet materials and stay away form Enduramag from Signwarehouse, I have read many posts on other furoms about these mags sticking to vehicles even when removed and cleaned periodically.  Your product is your business, spend a little more but get the good stuff:  30 mil 100lbs psf  MSI and Magnum are probably the best products out there.  Try Beacon Graphics or N Glantz.

Guest Schramm

I did a set last week for $85, good money for about $8 in material and 20 minutes of my time.  Now I am telling you that is 1 color.