Sign in to follow this  
castironrobbie

New plotter or heat press?

What would you get?

Currently running the r series. It does it's job. I wanted to buy a Titan or a heat press as I don't currently do shirts.

I made a post asking if the Titan was an upgrade for what I have now but it got taken down....

Anyway what would you do?

The titan2 or 3 with a servo is definately an upgrade to the refsail eith the stepper motor.   Think like from a yugo that will get you there to a buick.  Smooth quiet more accurate

• Like 2

Is your R series still working ok? If you are looking to expand your revenue stream a heat press is a good way to go. I started as a vinyl cutter and my wife talked me into a heat press to make misc for the kids. Now I do 95% shirts and apparel and have upgraded to top of the line cutter and press. The market in my area is so-so for vinyl but everyone needs a t-shirt and for one-off custom work HTV is the best option. HTV is pretty forgiving to cut as well so your current cutter will get you by with it easily enough assuming it's still functioning.  You will probably have some time to get people lined up to sell shirts to but it's easy work. I give out a lot of free shirts to my new clients with their logo on there as advertising and just say "Hey, here's a free shirt. I do shirts and clothing too..." I can't keep up with all the work that flows my way now. 

• Like 3

@Dakotagrafx I was looking at the Titan 2. Seems to be an awesome piece of machinery for the price. I am getting concerned with the type of work I do because I do a ton of decals for people to put on their tumblers, vehicles etc, and some of the larger jobs for companies require the ability to cut tiny text, and the r-series just can't handle it.

@Wildgoose yeah, my r-series is working fine. I just need better accuracy, and the ability to cut smaller things. I really wish I did just signs, but I end up doing a ton of small decals. It's money, but sometimes they get so complex. That's pretty awesome that you are doing so well with apparel. I want to get into the market, but I am unsure how I would do as I am pretty much strictly online. The in-person jobs I do are mostly for friends, all other sales are online. Do you also sell online?

I have been doing a ton of design work for wall decals. Definitely not as good as some of you guys here. You guys rock at this stuff

3 hours ago, castironrobbie said:

yeah, my r-series is working fine. I just need better accuracy, and the ability to cut smaller things. I really wish I did just signs, but I end up doing a ton of small decals. It's money, but sometimes they get so complex.

If you are just looking for accuracy and not so much for the high pressure then that makes it a bit easier to decide because down force is less of a factor. I had it in my head you were looking for high down force but I think I must have extrapolated that from Dakota's comment incorrectly or something I read in another post mistaken for your situation. 

If it were me I would lean toward the Graphtec or Summa.