Sign in to follow this  
TeresaMc

Color reccommendations????

So my first "real job" is stopping over tomorrow.  He doesn't know what he wants for colors.  His stockcar is red with black hood and decking and wants color reccommendations for the numbers for the doors and roof.  Didn't sound too interested in black.  I have a place less than a mile from me that I can buy most any color by the yard (Arlon series 5000-39 colors) So options are nearly unlimited.  He sounded like he wanted 2 color numbers and nothing real fancy, no holographic or "bling-bling" stuff.

Guest fivestar

Best thing I have found to do when I can is take a pic of the car and import it into your graphics program, make up a few different ones and let them decide by seeing it on the computer screen.  If it was me, I'd try to talk him into a flourescent color, like yellow or orange, but they're expensive.

I would do it with a great looking font and in a flourescent offset with white lettering if he wants to keep it K.I.S.S

Eric

If you have the color chart for which ever company is your preferred media manufacturer.

You can make recommendations, but always try to leave it to the customer to make the final decision.

Five had the right idea though, take a digital photo and do electronic mock-ups.

Good luck!

I think having a black border around the number would be good, to tie the color scheme from the hood into the graphics... but I have no idea for ya regarding the rest of the job.  :-

You will have to use light colored colors. White, yellow, silver, etc. NEVER use dark on dark, like blue on red. red on black.

You will have to use light colored colors. White, yellow, silver, etc. NEVER use dark on dark, like blue on red. red on black.

I agree totally. I had a customer INSIST on red text on a black banner. 2 weeks later, she emails me...says it's hard to read. I emailed her back all of the emails where she insisted, I tried to talk her out of it,etc.

She eventually saw my point.