Sign in to follow this  
blacklabelgraphix

Need Help! Blade holder won't drop down!

I just received a used Titan 2 and only have used it 2 days. It was cutting vinyl fine until now. I tried contour cutting for the first time today. When I hit send it went through the contour motions but the blade holder didn't drop down to cut. The Titan 2 is new to me, I know nothing about it except for what I have been messing with the past couple days. I put vinyl back in and hit "Test" button on the display and it does the same thing now. It does the test cut motion but doesn't drop down. I thought when I hit the "Enter" button yesterday that the blade holder dropped drop and touched the vinyl. But now it just makes a noise when I push the button. What have I done wrong?

Try to move it manually up and down to see if something may have become lodged in the cutter head. If it still does not respond after that then you have a mechanical problem.

I think the Titan has a reset you may try that also.

I figured it out. I had accidentally lowered the cut force too low. If the cut force is set below 21g the blade holder will not drop down. 

that is odd, I have run mine at 2g before to score paper, 

The cut force was too low. If it's set below 21g it won't drop. Now that I got it to work, when I contour cut it cuts way off from the image.

You will need to calibrate your laser, I don't use VinylMaster so I can't walk you though that process but it should be pretty straight forward. 

Are you trying to use the laser with Flexistarter?  I think I read a previous post that you were using Flexistarter.

Well with Flexistarter10, you do not use a laser.  You must measure from the blade in the middle of the registration marks.  Flexistarter has it's own built in contour cutting program. which requires that you measure from the blade.   This is why Flexistarter 10 can be used for contour cutting with any vinyl cutter,, No need for a laser. 

So when I manually align it to the registration marks in Flexi, don't use the laser on the titan 2? How do I line the blade with the marks exactly if the blade is up above the material?

The contour cutting program should be open and you use the arrows and jog your cutter to the middle of each printed registration mark until you have done each mark..

Try using the program that came with your machine it may be easier to use. Just a thought

Try using the program that came with your machine it may be easier to use. Just a thought

He bought the cutter used and it came with Flexistarter 10 as the program,  Stated on other post. He had to download the correct driver for it..

He bought the cutter used and it came with Flexistarter 10 as the program,  Stated on other post. 

I assumed new was factory new, that makes things a bit more clear thanks.

I assumed new was factory new, that makes things a bit more clear thanks.

His very first statement of post.   :rolleyes:

I just received a used Titan 2 and only have used it 2 days