tpgpz55

Need cutter advice

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I own a firearms business.  Part of this business is refinishing and coating firearms parts with a product called Cerakote.  With this product I have to flash the color in an oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes before adding the next color, so on.  

The material typically used is Avery Vinyl HIGH BAKE Yellow Paint Mask.  

I want to pick a cutter that will last but I was hoping to stay under $500.  The software doesn't need to be overly complicated.  Just doing basic designs, like punisher logos, camo, Kryptec camo, flags, etc.

Any guidance is appreciated.  I only plan to use this for myself and this business.  So it won't have a commercial amount of use.  Just as I need stencils for various coatings.

Thanks again!!

T

post-97776-0-34261800-1457230167_thumb.j

post-97776-0-78370300-1457230171_thumb.j

post-97776-0-98863700-1457230178_thumb.j

sent you a pm message cause it was long.... im sure somebody will chime in on this ..there are great people out here ..  but you can start here in my own opinion.                                                             http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-Titan

Thank you, I will check it out.  Seems like a great community.  Thank you for taking the time!!

The Titan is a fine starting cutter, that should do most of what you need without issue.

I would also check craigslist etc to see if you can find an old Graphtec CE-5000 or Craft robo pro (the 15" CE-5000). $500 may well get you one and the Graphtec cutters are basically "bulletproof".

• Like 1

With the size you're needing to cut, you don't need a large cutter. Check out the Silhouette Cameo. I started with one of these and still use it for my smaller cuts. The price is right, too.

• Like 2